Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil TK

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone
This is the first Scuba forum thing I've joined so I thought I'd give a short bio as an intro.
I live in Essex England -I got my OW at a school in Dagenham in '94 (dived at Stoney Cove), did my AOW in Cairns Australia, in '96 then did Rescue and DM on Koh Tao -with Sunshine/Bans resort (Feb to April 2002).
I dive for both relaxation and adventure, paradise for me is leading a group on a great dive then kicking back in some tropical chill out bar sipping beer and talking diving -simple pleasures.
I'm also a motorcycle nut and do a bit of fishing.

hi phil tk welcome to the boards its a good frendly board you wont be sorry you joined

and as your here why not look at the wreck ferrets page in the ndi section of the board

Welcome to the Board! Sound like a Corona commercial:) Have you skipped your pager across an inltet while relaxing yet:boozer:

Wreck Ranger once bubbled...
Welcome to the Board! Sound like a Corona commercial:) Have you skipped your pager across an inltet while relaxing yet:boozer:

Not quite, but I have actually thrown a Nokia phone into the sea after I learnt of the call charges I was totting up (I was abroad in Oz at the time getting calls from the UK). This event was alcohol related I might add.
The phone was retrieved at low tide and did actually switch on- and manage to stay on for about 10 secs -then it died and I put it in a bin. I havn't had a mobile phone since and don't regret it -I hate the damn things.
Someday, some fool will invent a phone that works underwater (just imagine!) ..and I will kill this person.

Phil TK

That's good to know! I don't know if I can function without mine eventhough I've considered tossing it a few times:) I guess I just need to make more money so I can live free!:tree:

And welcome from the great Midwestern state of OH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom