Aquanauts CDC Pattaya, Course Director Roger Smith EXPELLED from PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe so, as I said 'I believe',because I have not dived with them for some time myself, so am only going on what I have been told, which was that one of the previous owners has relocated and now has a shop in Koh Chang. But the negative feedback I mentioned came from very reliable sources, and I must say I was most surprised given my personal experiences in past years, I always found them to be one of the best shops in Pattaya.

---------- Post added August 26th, 2013 at 11:32 PM ----------

I agree entirely, there are several shops that need to book their ideas up.

Please elaborate? Breaching training standards, required equipment etc?

Nothing to do with training standards, no training done, and both were using a combination of their own / my equipment, just a couple of friends that were here on holiday and went with them for a days diving.

The issue both times was simply disinterested staff / poor dive guides, the usual sort of thing that is endemic in the Pattaya dive industry. Neither of my friends had any serious issues or concerns, but both simply said they would not go again.

As I said earlier I was most surprised at this negative feedback, because I have always in the past rated Adventure Divers as one of Pattaya's best DC's, and they have in my mind the best boat in Pattaya.

As with everything, time moves on and things change.

My general concerns about Pattaya diving are well documented on this forum if you want to search back you will have plenty to read.

Spoke to one of my friends yesterday, as I thought general concerns were as I described earlier, but he also said the two dives were reverse profile, the first being under 10m and the second around 30m. Depends on your interpretation of the rules, but some may call that a breach of standards.
Personally just taking this situation as a single two dive day trip, I wouldn't be too concerned, but would prefer to do them the other way around.

I am absolutely over the moon to hear this news about Roger Smith and Gary Tytler, both are dishonest, while i was with Aquanauts i was made aware of a number of accidents, I was also aware of the financial corruption going on which was run by Roger Smith.
All is i ask is all diver make other divers aware of these people so they can not even teach with any other diving organisation in the future...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom