Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyMelton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Like most others, in an effort to fulfill a lifelong dream I am enrolled to be certified. Have done lots of snorkeling and have always wanted to "swim with the fishes". I think this way is much better as compared to the cinder block shoe method. Looking forward to reading / learning/ and growing. I have already devoured the first 4 chapters of the manual. Plan on reading it at least once more before class.

I am 39 years old, 2007 will be my 40th birthday and 20th wedding anniversary. Spent 12 years on submarines in Uncle Sams canoe club. My wife has given birth to 4 great kids (s-17, d-13, d-5, s-2) and we live in East Tennessee. I work at a nuclear plant where I run the training classes for operators. When not at work I am the youth pastor at our church. Life keeps me busy, but we have a great lake to dive into, and some interesting quarries. Plus, we are not all that far from Florida and the coast, and our vacation of choice is cruising.

Looking forward to meeting and conversing with all of you. Please dis-regard the newbie stuff.

Mark

please check out the question in my thread below, Thanks
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=164604

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome aboard, Mark!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hi Mark, another Tennesseean here ! Nashville area.

Hey Mark - I Just Got Certified This Summer. I'm From West Virginia - Not Too Far Away. My Husband And Son Were Certified A Couple Years Ago And They Are So Into It That I Figured I Should Be Joining Them. My Daughter On The Other Hand Doesn't Have Much Interest In This. My Husband And I Are Headed For Bonaire Tomorrow. All My Diving So Far Has Been In A Lake. Well - Welcome Aboard. Debra

Mark
Congrats on the taking the first step...that of enrolling in a class. I'm sure you will love it and the 'relationship' will blossom.

Best of luck and welcome to ScubaBoard.

Back
Top Bottom