Hello! Total noob, but here to learn!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveWKC

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there!
My name is Dave Walden, and I live in the Kansas City, MO, USA area.
Totally brand new to diving, and working toward SDI Open Water certification by the end of next month.
I decided that I wanted to learn with my own equipment, as I plan on taking this hobby pretty serious, so I have been having fun picking up and learning about gear.
I am pretty sure I'll do Nitrox next, and then maybe Wreck Diving, as that really interests me. I have a background in caving and mine exploration, but not sure I really want to pursue cave diving any time soon.

I work as a DevOps/Cloud Architect, so I really enjoy the technical aspects of the hobby. I am also an amateur astronomer, and am pretty heavily involved in the Kansas City Astronomical Society.

Welcome to the Board!
You can spend literally months tracking though threads on virtually every diving topic available.

Don't hesitate to jump in with questions, realizing only that this is the Internet. The advice you receive is often worth exactly what you paid for it. Still, we're very proud of ScubaBoard, and the service it provides to divers worldwide. The Moderators intervene only to maintain decorum. We rely on our members to correct poor advice in-thread, although we will delete dangerous suggestions.

Have fun!
After a modest number of posts, you will acquire privileges to Direct Message (DM) another member for less public discussions, should you desire. Post a thread in Site Support if you get stymied trying to find what you are looking for.

Welcome!

Welcome, Dave!

If you enjoy dry-caving, you should at some point--no rush--dip your toe in, so to speak, by taking a Cavern Diving course. I haven't dived in any mines, but the first time I floated through a water-filled cave I was hooked.

If you enjoy dry-caving, you should at some point--no rush--dip your toe in, so to speak, by taking a Cavern Diving course. I haven't dived in any mines, but the first time I floated through a water-filled cave I was hooked.
So, I live within a reasonable drive to Bonne Terre Mine ( Bonne Terre Mine ) and am really seriously considering that to be a "regular" weekend spot for me. My guess is that I will probably wind up taking that course, but only after I am a lot more comfortable with all of the basics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom