hello to all, newbie here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CARZYDIVER

Reaction score
hello all,
new to scuba here, i havnt even yet taken my open water, i have done alot of free diving/snorkle adventures, but 1min 45 sec is not enough time down there anymore for me. i live in long island ny. ive never dove in ny before just curiose, where is some good diving, and if ther are anyother ny divers out there, im sure there are. hope to hear from some of you,

ciao

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

HI! I'm a new diver too. You've come to the right place...newbies like us can learn alot here.
After being a free diver/snorkler also scuba is just so awesome. You're not even SUPPOSED to hold your breath (teehee!).
I grew up on LI (right off the ocean near Smith Point) and I know there are wrecks that you can dive on the coast. I would check with the local dive shop. Quite a few off Montauk, I believe but the currents can be hell. I tried to surf there once...forget it. Too rocky.
Anyhow, I know that's not much help but I wanted to say hi to a fellow NooYawker. :wink:
I live in NC now and the diving here is highly rated. You should come on down and check out the wrecks...it's closer than you think.
Caio.

welcome CARZYDIVER!! You might look under the Clubs section and see if one covers the NY area .... I live in Texas now, but grew up across the way .... Port Chester NY .... can't imagine diving in the COLD water up there!! Good luck on your OW ......

welcome carzdiver. the best bang for your buck is cozumel. great drift diving and great
people to be around. good luck with your open water.

thanks alot kitty, im sure ill do just fine,(i hope) finding some nice diving, ive heard that there is great diving in nc, lucky you. at least i do get to go to the floridas gold coast alot, and key west. its a fun place even after diving. well thanks for the reply and hope to speak to you again some time,

carzydiver

Diver Kat:
welcome CARZYDIVER!! You might look under the Clubs section and see if one covers the NY area .... I live in Texas now, but grew up across the way .... Port Chester NY .... can't imagine diving in the COLD water up there!! Good luck on your OW ......

hey kat, thanks for the info on the clubs sections i will definitly check it out, it must be nice to live in a warm climate, i wish i lived somewere i could ware shorts and a tank everyday, that would be sweet,

carzydiver

Back
Top Bottom