Hello from Slovenia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SomeoneON

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, ive been lurking around this forum for some time now, and i decided to join. Im from Slovenia, a guy with a lot of hobbies, well comfortable on the ground, on the water and in the sky, but i think its time to go underwater too. I just started with my training.

I plan to combine diving with my boat trips on my local lakes and rivers, maybe a bit of sea too, but i already have a lot to do when at seaside so not much time for yet another hobby there.

Ive come across a scuba gear set by a friend who cant spare time to dive anymore, so ill be having a few questions about that, i hope admin could advise me whether to post it here or in a different sub forum.

Welcome! My favorite city in Europe is Ljubiana. Shhh, keep it a secret. I'll be there in a month if there are no issues with Quarantine?

Where would you dive? The Adriatic is way too cold for me!

Nice to hear :) Negative test or proof of vaccination and youre good to go, but as the summer grows near they are releasing the grip on the borders. If you need any insider info feel free to drop me a PM.

I plan to dive in Krka, Kolpa, Soca, Savinja rivers, some smaller lakes or quarries maybe(we have some with crystal clear and very warm water), also adriatic, im quite local in the town of Premantura in Croatia (look it up!) since i spend my summers there since i was a kid. We consider Adriatic as warm in summer, in july its nothing strange if water on the surface hits 27-28°C.

Welcome.
For simple gear choice questions, "which reg do you like best", the "Basic Scuba" site may work. For more technical questions, scroll way down to the blue Heading "Diving Gear". That's where the "gear-heads" live, and have been happy to help me on the occasional gear question.

Interesting that your avatar shows you smoking. I lived in Basel for 2 years from 2014-2016, never saw so many people smoking, especially young people. I chalked it up to a European thing. I found it hard to understand as they took other issues to heart, so to speak

Interesting that your avatar shows you smoking. I lived in Basel for 2 years from 2014-2016, never saw so many people smoking, especially young people. I chalked it up to a European thing. I found it hard to understand as they took other issues to heart, so to speak

15 years ago i was on two packs a day, but last few years im at about two packs a week, sometimes less as i started to vape. The trend around here is i dont see many smokers anymore among younger people, so its getting better.

We were in Slovenia Summer of 2019 and loved it there. Stayed at Lake Bled and went to the cave in Postojna and the cave that is in the mountain. Is there much diving around there?

Back
Top Bottom