Hello, old diver, new to the board!! Looking for travel info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debdiver

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m not a new diver, by any stretch of the imagination, (Open Water Cert 1991) but I just found this board looking to some dive related travel.

I’ve dive California, my home, often, I’ve been up and down the coast from La Bufadora in Baja, to Monterey. Oh yes, and the Channel Islands, and all time favorite. I try to do that at least once a year. I’ve also been to Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Cabo, GREECE even… but never the Caribbean. Would you believe that?? Over 500 dives, and I’ve never dove the Caribbean.

So, where should I go? I was checking out Anthony’s Key in Roatan, or CoCo View. However, I’ve also read some great things about Little Cayman. Any helpful hints would be great. I’m looking for a DIVE vacation, to relax, dive and hopefully have a memorable trip.

Deb

Welcome to the board Deb. Glad you found us. I wouldn't be the best one to ask about diving in California, but there is a club section in the bottom of the board.

welcome aboard... great to have you.

we have several forums for travel-related questions... if you ask where to go there,
you're bound to get a ton of answers

hello have you dove the blue hole in Belize i havent been diving there but i have heard that there is good diving there

I have done some extensive diving in Puerto Rico and some of the other Caribean islands, but nothing compares to the Bahamas. Plus they are closer, a lot friendlier than some of the Caribean Islands, and cheaper (if you know were to go). There are many posibilities, but nothing compares to a private charter. You are only restrained by budget and time issues. You can go from a low budget flight from Miami to Grand Bahama to a private cruise on a sailboat from Florida and back. If you are serious about it I can give you more ideas.

debdiver:
Hi,

I’m not a new diver, by any stretch of the imagination, (Open Water Cert 1991) but I just found this board looking to some dive related travel.

I’ve dive California, my home, often, I’ve been up and down the coast from La Bufadora in Baja, to Monterey. Oh yes, and the Channel Islands, and all time favorite. I try to do that at least once a year. I’ve also been to Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Cabo, GREECE even… but never the Caribbean. Would you believe that?? Over 500 dives, and I’ve never dove the Caribbean.

So, where should I go? I was checking out Anthony’s Key in Roatan, or CoCo View. However, I’ve also read some great things about Little Cayman. Any helpful hints would be great. I’m looking for a DIVE vacation, to relax, dive and hopefully have a memorable trip.

Deb

500 dives! thats amazing. I just cam back from Aruba and dove the entire week including a night dive. Aruba is an awsome place...check into aruba.com If you do, look into diving with Clive from "DiveAruba" he runs a great dive operation. :scubadive

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

My fav is FIBR on Roatan, but all three are great, and that is a super place to dive...

don
:D

Welcome to SB deb.

Here are my all-time favorites in the Carribean ranked:

1. Little Cayman (Bloody Bay Wall--can't beat it)
2. Belize (I would suggest doing a live-a-board - great outer reefs
and walls)
3. Turks-Caicos (lots of sea life to sea big and little)
4. BVI's
5. Long Island, Bahamas (great shark dive, Conception wall, etc.)
6. Cozmel, Mex. (super drift diving)

My $.02 Barracuda2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom