Hello NorCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Nor Cal I just got my open water cert. and im looking to find some buddies to go diving with I have most of my own gear just need a bcd and tanks but I hope to get those soon it was an amazing experience and am looking forward to getting wet again

Welcome! you're only an hour and change way from great diving on the North Coast. There is a fair number of Sonoma County divers who routinely go up the coast or down to Monterey. A lot of plans are made for dive weekends right in this forum, so stay tuned.

Hey Nor Cal I just got my open water cert. and im looking to find some buddies to go diving with I have most of my own gear just need a bcd and tanks but I hope to get those soon it was an amazing experience and am looking forward to getting wet again

Hi Hawaiian Shirt Rebel,

Welcome to Norcal!
You should check out the North Coast Divers.
Click on the link in my signature for more info. We do a dive somewhere in Sonoma or Mendocino County once a month. There are no fees or dues, you just show up and dive with us.
Some people go down to Monterey but in my opinion the diving is better up here. The only catch is "when conditions allow for diving". In Monterey the diving is more mediocre but there are more divable days during the year.
There are less people up here and we get left alone to dive the way we want and to do what we want like spearfish and get abalone.
You will love it.

Welcome!

Eric Sedletzky

Hey damon it's matt mattison I just joined scuba board and I saw your name and thought I would say hi.

Howdy jeff thought I would say hi just joined scuba board.

Hi there New Divers and New ScubaBoarders! Feel free to join in any of the M&Gs - the next is in September and is Northern California and Southern California. Hopefully will be a great success! :) And the more NorCal Divers, the better!

I personally don't make it up to the North Coast ... well, ever. Never done it and, quite frankly, it might be too rugged for me. :) Hahaha. Just need to stop being so lazy and get up there really. :D

Welcome Hawaiian Shirt rebel! I live in Santa Rosa also and love to dive Monterey and the North Coast. I tend to head down to Monterey more often but the North Coast can be amazing when you catch it on a good day.

You should try to join us in Monterey the weekend of the Sept 5, 6 & 7. It's a great way to dive with people who know the dive sites and meet new dive buddies. :D

Happy diving,
Michelle

Hey all hows it going It would be nice to go back to monterey I got my open water there I look into that weekend and see what happens
Good Diving to one and all

Hawaiian Shirt Rebel, and Matt, Whats up ,this is Rob!! Nice to see you two on here. I wont tell anyone from N.C.D'ers that your cheating on them with scubaboard!!! LOL. If you guys want to check out Monterey, give me a call. I have dived there quite a bit and it's beautiful. There are great spots to spear fish and the vis. is usually better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom