Hello! new ScubaBoard member with a question about Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLessick

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, New member here with a question about Belize diving. My wife and I are planning an Anniversary trip to Belize for mid-November. We have been there before and stayed near San Pedro. We are looking to stay at an offshore toll this time. We are considering Turneffe Island Resort, Huracan Resort, and Off the Wall Resort in Glover's Atoll.

Right now we are leaning towards Huracan for the cost and diving but much prefer the beachftont Cabanas at OTW vs the single building style lodging back inland at Huracans.

Huracans has 4 of 5 rooms still available whereas OTW only has 1 of 5 still open..

Going for the diving...but the beach front cabanas sounds pretty good.

Any thoughts?

Itza Resort is on the same island (Long Caye) as Huracan. The rooms do have an ocean view, although they are not cabanas. The beach itself does get a fair amount of sargassum weed blowing in, so not ideal for beach people. I've been to Itza 3 times now, you can find reports from myself or my wife on the board. I have also heard good things about Huracan. There are some recent reports from other Glover's reef resorts (from memory, Marisol?) you may wish to check out.

Back
Top Bottom