Hello New Diver And Member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI Y'ALL! My name is Carolyn and I am a newly certified OW diver. I have just completed my 10th dive and am preparing to head to the Bahammas in a few days for my first Ocean dive. I will be geting my NITROX certification this week and have been working with a mentor who has vastly improved my abilites to dive better. I am excited by all the people I have met through this sport. My next challenge is to take a cavern class. I am so close to Florida and I have been to many of the springs there. It is beautiful and I want to further my abilities so I can enjoy the hidden secrets down there.

Thanks for making me feel welcome!

XOXOCarolyn:azvatar:

"ONWARD, DOWNWARD, and into the BLUE"

Hello and congrat on the new OW certification, Carolyn. It's great that you are already setting goals for the next, new levels of certification and diving. I might suggest that you get some more dives "under your belt" before jumping at the caves & caverns, but it will be a great certification for you in the future, I'm sure.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Hey girl welcome to diving ... it's a whole new world full of exiting experiences waiting for you. Before you jump into a cavern class then a full cave class you have to get a few more dives in ... to learn more jump into a AOW class it's a great class to learn different things in diving. It touches on rescue, search and recovery, navagation, deep cool stuff to learn to become a better diver. Your OW was in effect a ticket to learn more! Take a look how you can custom built your future training ... someone into diving and excited as you I can see a Master Scuba Diver in our mist.

Good diving you'll make your own luck!

Welcome to ScubaBoard Carolyn. Good to see you here.

You will no doubt find numerous opinions on how to proceed with your diving. As long as you proceed in accordance to your proficiency and experience, you'll be ok. Maybe that takes you to instructor one day. Maybe to cave diver, or great white shark research diving. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

Carolyn...

Good to have you on the boards.

As you go for your cavern class, you may be interested in this:

http://www.girldiver.com/articles_girldivers.htm

It's an article on a gal going through her cave diving training. As a diver that hasn't had the close proximity to Florida, (thus no caving)...I found it really interesting to hear about what she did and how she felt.

Anyway...welcome to the boards...and to the DIVING WORLD!!

Welcome to SB, Carolyn. My little sister lives in Atlanta and all three of her kids (my nephew and two nieces) SCUBA dive, the nephew (who's a freshman at the Univ. of Miami) being quite passionate about it!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

THANK YOU ALL! You have made me feel quite welcome here! I know that I will gain so much from all of you! I am quite addicted to this sport and can't wait to get into the water again!

XOXOCarolyn

ONWARD, DOWNWARD, and into the BLUE!

I saw your username and immediately liked you. I LOVE sharks. I will be doing my open water dives in early May and then going to Barbados (yummmm). Welcome to scubaboard and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:D

boudica69 (Paula)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom