Hello. Just another newbie from Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Zer

Reaction score
Greetings from Tampa

I just recently found this forum while trying to dig up info on the Suunto dive computers. I grew up on Key Biscayne FL, and have been diving recreationally since age 13. Twenty one years later, i have finally decided to take a nitrox and advanced open water course, which is why i'm interested in a dive computer.

I am also novice spearo and freediver, both of which i am hoping to become more accomplished.

Great info in here. It has helped a bunch.

The Zer

Welcome :hi:

Suunto dive computers seem to be pretty well liked here.
They are more conservative than other dive computers, but personally I like this.

the board and to continued diver education. I'm right there with you...just now taking Advanced after quite a few years and I'm new to the board. Looks like we're finally starting to figure out what we want to do when we grow up! LOL

I have a Suunto Vyper and so does my husband and we are pleased with it for what we do. Ditto to what Jeblis said about it being more conservative - that's what we thought and is the reason we went with it for our needs. And.....that came in handy on a recent dive trip in the Bahamas when the DM onboard was telling everybody to hurry up and get in the water for our second dive.....my computer said "No way...not yet"....and I stuck with that. He was fine with it and said...."sure, no problem".

I'm sure you'll hear from a lot of very experienced divers/helpful individuals on here with their input about computers before long. You've certainly found a great place to get info.

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the computer info. Still waiting to grow up, though:cheers:

The Zer

Welocme to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here & Dive Safe......................Arduous

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom