Hello guys and girls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Troopertrav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys planning on doing my check out dives this weekend and I'm already addicted to this sport. Any tips on equalizing pressures in my ears? I've gone down about 30 feet with no issues but I'm nervous about anything deeper. Hope that I can learn from everyone to be a safer and more knowledgeable diver

Just ask the questions and you will get answers. Welcome to scubaboard and enjoy! You can use the keyword search up near the right top and will find tons of threads with this subject.
Dive safe!!

Gets easier further down!

In my experiences if you can hit 30 you normally won't have any problems from there. Just don't forget that if you do have an issue, stop descending, try to clear, if still having problems just go up 2-3 feet to try again. Sometimes just that couple feet will do the trick. Once equalized just remember to keep equalizing every 2-3 feet even if you don't think you need to. For that matter you should be doing so every 2-3 feet from the very start of the dive even if you don't think you need to. Works like a champ.

howdy and welcome from your south Florida neighbor....start your clearing routine before you go in the water...now get out there and dive dive dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom