Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T Sh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
good afternoon! I’m putting together some older (shop tested) gear and have run into an unexpected problem with compatibility. Aqualung Conshelf XIV QD inflator hose doesn’t fit the port on my Oceanic Islander bcd... why???? Should a get a new hose or a new and adapter? THANK YOU ALL

There are four different inflator hose fittings, depending upon brand. Yes, you need a hose that is specific to your Oceanic BCD. Easily obtainable from Dive Gear Express.
Here are their shapes:
20150403_183643.jpg

Leaking here! What do I do? New QD post on the bc inflator or get the other adapter?

Attachments

• 1E99FA3C-E3EF-4CCF-BCE1-6697DE3C5740.jpeg
    1E99FA3C-E3EF-4CCF-BCE1-6697DE3C5740.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 81
I upgraded with this adapter and hose, the Aqualung style one which on the Dgx website includes oceanic integrated 2nd stage inflators.

Is the leak specifically at that joint your arrow is pointing to or somewhere around there? Have you removed the hose and reconnected, making sure it clicks into place?

You should take a close up picture of the valve that the female end of the hose clicks on to and post it here. It might not be the original part that came with the BCD.

Is the leak specifically at that joint your arrow is pointing to or somewhere around there? Have you removed the hose and reconnected, making sure it clicks into place?
It's right where the arrow is pointing. It fits fairly snug... When I connected them, I didn't expect it to leak because the fit was that close. I'll add a picture of the inflator fitting as you suggested... I'm assuming that needs to be replaced too (or I try to find the right QD for the hose end)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom