Hello from the bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bentoking

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys and gals

Really excited to finally register in scubaboard after few years of searching info here. I’m based in SF bay area and mainly dive in Monterey/Carmel area. Currently working on GUE fundamentals so wish me luck!

Welcome to scubaboard!
And congratulations on the GUE training, there is a large group of them in the peninsula area. You’ll have lots of buddies.

Welcome to the board and always nice to see NorCal divers here. Like Eric said, there will be no shortage of buddies to meet from SB!

Hey there! I'm a new driver, also in the sf bay. I've also been interested in GUE, and taking a fundamentals class. I just bought a bpw, my first piece of gear!

Fundie just ended last weekend, was very closed to Tec Pass but good for now - will have to get another drysuit that is fitting into DIR. Seems like I'll need to go made to measure, hope Seaskin will make the cut.
Overall I learned a lot about how to use drysuit to perform proper trim, even when doing drills/tasks. Which is exactly I was looking for. I like that our instructor look quite a bit of videos to show us what can be improved.

Hey there! I'm a new driver, also in the sf bay. I've also been interested in GUE, and taking a fundamentals class. I just bought a bpw, my first piece of gear!
Congrats on getting your new gear! Many more to come😂

What shop/instructor did you do Fundies with? It is something I am beginning to look into but still need to get a doubles set up.

What shop/instructor did you do Fundies with? It is something I am beginning to look into but still need to get a doubles set up.
I took fundies with Alberto Nava(Beto) - we used diver dans pool for our pool sessions.
IMHO if your goal is to get tec pass, from saving time/money prospective I'd suggest just use what you have right now(assuming you have bp/w and long hose primary donate regs already) to start your fundies and then purchase what you need as you progress. I did my homework about gear setup and whatnot for months, however during the course I still had to get different gear just to be optimal to dive here in Monterey. Needless to say diving with unfamiliar gear to get tec pass on the first try is almost impossible... most of my buddies took few months if not years to get gear dialed in.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom