Hello from snowy Syracuse, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capt. dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, a new diver in search of HONEST answers on equipment. I am a US Coast Guard capt. (50 gross tons). I am looking for diving packages to review, so I am looking on opinions on the best gear. I plan on diving in the cooler water in NY (1000 Islands etc.) and some warmer trips. I was advised that Scuba Pro is good, Oceanic and Areis are related somehow and not that great. So, I am looking for higher end equipment that will last for at least awhile. I appreciate ALL responses and help you provide.

Welcome to the ScubaBoard! Check out the equipment thread to find your answers.
Thanks for serving your Country! You by chance know USCG O-4 named Cliff Jones?

Ahoy, capt. dave! Welcome aboard SB! This is THE place for everything you want to know about diving. Great advice can be found in the equipment forum, or use the search function for a specific topic. Most of your equipment should last a very long time if you take proper care of it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions navigating the board. Thank you for your public service, stay safe!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Check our equipment forums.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hi, welcome to the board.

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the board. Personally, I have a Oceanic Delta 3 and have never had a problem. I'm sure most of this revolves around opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom