Greetings from Western NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BfloDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,

Greetings from sunny (at the moment) Buffalo, NY. Newly certified last year with local training and cert dives in Key Largo. I am hoping to get more experience this year. Unfortunately, the current travel restrictions put a damper on travel so I'm looking for some local options.

I've been reading SB for about a year and gained a ton of information and insight so far. Looking forward to hopefully learning enough to contribute someday!

Welcome to scuba diving and to SB! Got family throughout the Rochester-Corning-Finger Lakes region. Lots of diving opportunities! Dive safe!

Welcome!

Welcome! I'm on the big hunk of clay in the River. Get some local diving in, it's fun. Been doing if for nearly 30 years here.

Welcome! I'm on the big hunk of clay in the River. Get some local diving in, it's fun. Been doing if for nearly 30 years here.

Ah, the Grandest Island, haha! Thanks for the welcome. Would you have any sites to recommend for a complete beginner? I was planning to go to Welland Scuba Park, or maybe Windmill Point or Sherkston, but the travel restrictions have grounded us for what will probably be the season. Basically I am looking for someplace where I can work on bouyancy, basic navigation, etc. Seemed like Welland would be a good spot to get some experience and comfort level.

Welcome to scuba diving and to SB! Got family throughout the Rochester-Corning-Finger Lakes region. Lots of diving opportunities! Dive safe!
Thanks! Lived in the Binghamton area for several years and spent a lot of time in the Finger Lakes area. Any recommendations for spots for a complete newbie to get some basic practice in?

@BfloDiver - check with the local shops for what they may be doing for now. Things are real messed up with the border closed.

Chris at Dip-n-Dive

Darryl at Discover Diving

We got a stern warning from the RCMP last week for being on the West River....

Discover is doing weekly drift dives in Tonawanda in the early evening.

@BfloDiver - check with the local shops for what they may be doing for now. Things are real messed up with the border closed.

Chris at Dip-n-Dive

Darryl at Discover Diving

We got a stern warning from the RCMP last week for being on the West River....

Discover is doing weekly drift dives in Tonawanda in the early evening.
Thanks, I'll check with them!

Hi. I'm up in Lockport. you are are always welcome to join me and the wife on our dives. we dive the Niagara river, Finger Lakes and a few spots in canada you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom