Hello From RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIDiver

Reaction score
HI everyone-
Just found this board and it looks like a great site! I'm in Newport RI, been diving about 5 years, mostly local. I don't get out as often as I'd like (too busy) but still love it.

Paul

Hey Paul. Ever dive Fort Weatherhill State Park? Was thinking of taking a drive up to do it, but would love a live review. What kind of temps are you seeing right now?

Welcome to the board.....Scott

Visit the New England Lobstah Divers (NELD) forum, you will fit right in!!

SCottyK : Went there last night. Vis was 1'. Real bad. Wait a minimum of 3 days for water to clear up. We have had some real nice dives there.

It's the same way here. In order to get in 50 dives, you have to "go" diving 100 times :rolleyes:

I've gotten to the point where I don't kill myself trying to go on a bad day, and often as not, I'll be driving home with dry gear in the trunk.

I am of course, planning the next dive all the way home :D

It's going to bite if we drive all the way up there to find 1' viz. Maybe we'll wait a while and post here a couple of days before we go for feedback.

We seem to get calmer conditions for shore dives in September. Is that also true up in your neck of the woods?

Scotty- I haven't been to Wetherill yet this year. In fact, I haven't been in the water yet. I just got my regulator back and had my tank hydro'd and VIP'd and I'm dying to get some dives in. Wetherill is a good dive, either cove. I live right near the Newport Bridge and its an easy drive to get to Wetherill. I hear the vis has been bad the last few days. Shellbird- got my lobstah license and ready to bug hunt! I'll be sure to check out NELD!

If you ever get the chance diving in Asia is great the water is always warm and the corals are nice with lots of fish.

Malaysia has heaps of sites to dive, Indonesia has great walls, Australia has large fish.

But diving in Singapore is like diving in coffee!

Cheers,
=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom