Hello from Panama City Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darcy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just found these boards while looking for local spring dives. How exciting to find so many people who love to do what I do too. I look forward to learning and meeting my fellow Florida divers!

Welcome to the board Darcy. Since you are from PCB, how did the sites like the Bart, Strength and bridge spans survive after Ivan?

I try to get down to PCB 2 or 3 times a year. I dive mostly with PC Scuba or Hydrospace. I had also heard that Capt Andersons was hit by a tornado. Whats the scoop??????????

Hi there darcy,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Be sure to check our Florida dive club forum. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

don :snorkel:

Heya Darcy, welcome to the Board!!! Make sure to check out The Florida Conch Divers Forum We're always up to something intresting and would love to have you join us any time.... :fruit:

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Glad you found us!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Desa,

The vis has been on average about 10' so I haven't been out in the Gulf since Ivan. I heard the Strength's wheel house was completely torn off and sits to the side of the wreck. Also the platform under the wheel house is about to detach and moves up and down easily in a good current. It won't be long before that wreck completely collapses. That was my favorite inshore wreck in PCB. :116:

Haven't heard anything about the bridge spans or black bart, nor any of the offshore wrecks and how they fared.

There was a tornado that ripped through the Grand Lagoon area. It did some damage to Captain Andersons (they have re-opened) but the most damage was to Hamilton's and Foghorns across the street. My favorite dive shop Divers Den had a lot of damage to the roof, and it took out their air fill station. It then turned up N. Lagoon and took out a few houses. I can email you some pictures if you are interested. It was a very sad time here, but we were very lucky compared to our neighbors to the West. Say a little prayer for them as they were devastated and are still cleaning up.

I hope to be back out in the Gulf soon, I think I'm beginning to dry up, and the Springs just aren't the same as the GULF!!

darcy:
Desa,

The vis has been on average about 10' so I haven't been out in the Gulf since Ivan. I heard the Strength's wheel house was completely torn off and sits to the side of the wreck. Also the platform under the wheel house is about to detach and moves up and down easily in a good current. It won't be long before that wreck completely collapses. That was my favorite inshore wreck in PCB. :116:

Haven't heard anything about the bridge spans or black bart, nor any of the offshore wrecks and how they fared.

There was a tornado that ripped through the Grand Lagoon area. It did some damage to Captain Andersons (they have re-opened) but the most damage was to Hamilton's and Foghorns across the street. My favorite dive shop Divers Den had a lot of damage to the roof, and it took out their air fill station. It then turned up N. Lagoon and took out a few houses. I can email you some pictures if you are interested. It was a very sad time here, but we were very lucky compared to our neighbors to the West. Say a little prayer for them as they were devastated and are still cleaning up.

I hope to be back out in the Gulf soon, I think I'm beginning to dry up, and the Springs just aren't the same as the GULF!!

Thanks for the update. I would love to see the pictures. Just PM them to me. I will be gone for a couple of weeks as the wife and I are headed to the airport this evening to fly to Curacao. Its gonna be tough, but we will try to manage :eyebrow:

Upadate me as soon as you know about the bridge spans. Maybee Ivan created a couple more like #2 (I think) the twisted metal is a great dive........Later.......

Back
Top Bottom