Hello from NM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi…I am a longtime SB lurker, and this is my first post. Congrats to your daughter! I am located in Santa Fe and dive Blue Hole a few times a year. I am a DM with Kaizen Scuba. We also dive Perch Lake which is a bit warmer than Blue Hole…viz is not great, but at least we don’t freeze in there!

Welcome. I grew up in lost causes.

Hi…I am a longtime SB lurker, and this is my first post. Congrats to your daughter! I am located in Santa Fe and dive Blue Hole a few times a year. I am a DM with Kaizen Scuba. We also dive Perch Lake which is a bit warmer than Blue Hole…viz is not great, but at least we don’t freeze in there!

when its 90+ outside then the 61-62 deg that blue hole runs is at least tollerable. I made one dive with my daughter (her last training dive) and was able to get used to the cold in a few minutes. I made the mistake of diving Tahoe in july several years back. 58 on the surface and 52 degrees 60 feet down. Even in a 7mm suite I froze my butt off. I'll never do that again

when its 90+ outside then the 61-62 deg that blue hole runs is at least tollerable. I made one dive with my daughter (her last training dive) and was able to get used to the cold in a few minutes. I made the mistake of diving Tahoe in july several years back. 58 on the surface and 52 degrees 60 feet down. Even in a 7mm suite I froze my butt off. I'll never do that again

Drysuit. 😁

A9C633D6-7247-4BFB-A872-EDAE737E54DB.jpeg

I’ve been a diver for about ten years; my daughter joined the ranks of divers this last weekend as a junior open water diver at blue hole in NM
Welcome and congratulations to your daughter. There's some great shops locally and I agree with @Marvinshirley2 about doing work at Perch at her age. The ladies at Kaizen do an excellent job. I would trust them to dive with my kids.

FWIW, that's me in the background in the khaki shorts and blue shirt.

Back
Top Bottom