New member from Colorado Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

springsboy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My 13 year old son and I got certified at UnderWater Connections here in Colorado Springs in Spring/2022. We did the open water portion of the certification at Blue Hole, NM (brrr!). Since then we've enjoyed week long dive trips to Cozumel and Roatan. Looking forward to exploring more of the Caribbean.

Welcome, it is great to be diving with your kids. I really enjoy it. Just heard about and saw some video on the Blue Hole, it reminds me of the Blue Grotto in Florida. Florida is warmer 72 degrees all year round IIRC.

Just heard about and saw some video on the Blue Hole, it reminds me of the Blue Grotto in Florida. Florida is warmer 72 degrees all year round IIRC.
Just as a note with more information than you really want, both are fed by ground water, and ground water is year-round roughly the same temperature as the annual yearly surface temperature in the area.

My wife and I got our certs at UWC in 2020. We get down to Mexico at least once a year for diving and make a few trips to Blue Hole to keep our skills up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom