Hello from New Zealand (That small group of islands off the east coast of Australia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plumb bob

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all.. Robs my name and I'm very new to diving, I've done 6 dives with an instructor while I was on holiday and will be doing my O/W in a few weeks.

I look forward to chatting with some of you and getting involved where my limited experience allows.. (maybe in non diving threads for a while eh?).

I've been reading through alot of the posts here whilst deciding on some gear to get and they've been very helpful, thanks.

aloha from Hawaii, (those most geographically isolated islands in the world.)

Hello from sunny Florida!

Welcome to SB!

Good luck with the O/W, be safe and enjoy the board.

Gday Rob
Welcome aboard. Good to see another Kiwi onboard.

Feel free to Pm me if want any gear advice

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

Cheers Azza,
Tried the PM thing and well for some reason I couldn't use the space bar, so I figured it would be cruel to send you a msgthatlookedsomethinglikethis....

I knew there would have to be a few kiwis lurking round these parts.

I'm pretty sorted for gear now thanks, I applied the principle of keeping it as simple as possible whilst getting the best I could afford, which as you know in NZ means buying from the net, if I hadn't then a pair of speedos, a straw and oversized jandals would've in all likelihood been my gear purchasing power!:rofl3:

I think the only things I have bought here have been a snorkle, oh and i'll be buying a BP/W from the outfit I do the OW course with....

smilies-35309.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom