Hello from Jacksonville!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jax951

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All - Mark here in Jacksonville, Florida.

I posted over in the "Intro" forum and Grier told me to post here to meet up with locals....

I got my Open water cert about 12 years ago in Dubai, U.A.E., then got my Advanced O.W. a couple of years later in Malta (island in the Mediterranean). I never owned my own gear other than the basics - I was in my Late teens at the time, and had no money. Next came college, marriage, a house, motorcycles, cars, a couple other hobbies, and of course credit cards. I met my wife about 8 years ago - her step-father was big into scuba-diving in the FL keys every year, and would always go during lobster hunting season. Almost every year I would say "This year I'm going to buy some equipment so I can go diving", and as the year would pass by, it would get colder again, and I would put it off until the next year. Also my wife had expressed a desire to learn scuba, but she had no friends that wanted to learn with her. Finally a few weeks ago, I made a commitment. We bought some new snorkeling gear, and I signed my wife up for dive classes - I decided to attend the class with her as a "refresher". Since then I've been reading scuba magazines, and researching equipment to buy. I'm really excited at the prospect of getting back into diving again.

I'd also like to meet up with some divers in the Jacksonville area, and make some new friends. So if you are out there, email me! mmjanisch@yahoo.com

- Mark :dazzler1:

hi mark, how are you? i live in jax, would love to do some dives. i go out with
two local charters (Atlantic Pro Divers and Scuba Cove), both good, and usually
dive solo. also, some of us on here have put together trips from Daytona Beach
and Key Largo (some coming up soon), as well as spring trips.

welcome aboard

jax951:
Hi All - Mark here in Jacksonville, Florida.

Great to see another North East Diver. Look forward to seeing you out on a dive. Look here http://scubaboard.com/t39161.html for some other local divers, and post your area so I can get you in the list.

From the other end of the state.....Good to see that you found us here at the Florida Conch Divers. Keep checking in often and get out to some SB get togethers.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Hey Mark,

I wonder how many people do this sort of thing? I was first certified in '88, dove quite a bit. Then because of family, moving, jobs, marriage, kids, other hobbies etc, never really kept up with it. Then a childhood friend became certified and I picked it back up and just recently took an EANx course. I am very excited about diving again and glad to see that I am not the only one in the bunch who travelled this path.

Take care,
Joe

I live in Tampa and have been doing shore-diving and karsts-diving in the area... I have afriend in Jax and think about visiting sometimes and diving. What do you have to dive out there? How much are the boat trips?

My husband and I both dive, If your ever a bit south , we'd love to blow bubbles with you both. Keep us updated on your wife's certification and your refresher, if you have any questions or just want to vent/whine/moan or just be happily excited, you can do it all right here. Welcome back into the community!!

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Check out the Florida Conch Divers forum for neighbours and info.

Welcome aboard and welcome back to diving.

Paul

Hi Jax, I'm glad you found us. From the looks of things, you've fit right in. Welcome to our group!

-Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom