Hello from IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome, Pamela, to ScubaBoard. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome from yet another Chicago folk. I grew up in Rockford and have spent many an afternoon at pearl lake. Hows the diving there?

smilies-41093.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

ChicagoDVR-

Diving is easy if you like 2 ft vis. The silt at the bottom is always kicked up by novice divers. To get clearer conditions, don't dive on the weekend. Lot's of friendly blue gills to feed. They love cheesewiz, or koi food. Severe temp drop at the first thermal climb. That's why I dive it in a dry suit. The water doesn't get warm until the end of July or middle of September.

bbdrag0n:
Hi All-

I got into diving by going on a snorkel trip with friends to Crystal River in FL to swim with the Manatees. On one trek, we walked up hill for quite a while, got in the river and had the current carry us downstream. On the way down there were all these divers on the bottom of the river checking all the life out. I thought... how cool. Well, the next day I was in a dive shop signing up for certification. I did my open water dives in Cozumel and it's been underwater ever since. That was about 12-15 years ago. On my second or third dive trip... we were in Turks & Caiscos when we got close to a few whale sharks. That was it. I was hooked.
04.gif
I have momma and baby on video.

I've made somewhere between 100-150 dives and have most of PADIs certifications including DiveMaster. These days I spend my time on the bottom of about 40-60 ft of water sitting or swiming on the bottom to get that "perfect" shot. I never get in the water without my camera. I just got an underwater casing for my Olympus digital, now I need a flash. Any suggestions? It will go with me on my next dive trip. It will be my first time experienting with underwater digital photography.

yup, you have the bug :D

IMHO I would suggest an Inon strobe...I'm really happy with mine (oly 5050). Check out our UW photography subforums Flash Dance and the Oly Outlet. There might be others that have your set up and have some valuable tips and information for you.

So...to where and when is your next trip?

Welcome!!

wow alot of CL ppl here

i was born in Chicago and now a hoosier in south bend

Welcome to the board. Go Gators!

Scubadude here!
Born and raised Chicago boy. Haven't used my Oly 50-50 in quite some time. Any recommended settings for taking some pics w/ strobe in Roatan in October?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom