Hello from Guam--new to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive all southern california for right now.

My instructor is a nut when it comes ot San Diego diving.

He's at the Yukon at least once a week.

Hope I can do that eventually..

Does anyone know what the diving is like in Hawaii or Cancun? Or a good boat to go on?

I'm thinking about planning a trip, and there are toooo many dive boats to even remotely consider just one..

Regards,

Paul

Oi Gasman... "Cheers Ears"... I've wanted to use that for ages on this site but thought it might be too English...

Gave me a giggle, this Tuesday morning...

Cheers..... 'Ears.... :p

....and Caron - welcome to the boards... it's the best place to be when you're not in the water!

We have just had a commercial that says "Cheers,Big Ears !".
I have used it for 'years ears' so feel free to lay aside your 'fears' and maybe say it to all your 'dears'.
"CHEERS ! BIG EARS ! ".....heheheh.
I hope that 'clears' it up for you.'Here's' hoping you get your 'gears' into action and ignore the 'jeers' or 'leers' of your 'peers' and shed no 'tears'.

From one who has come out of the cliche' closet....
I'm a rhymer and proud of it.
The Gasman

.....errrmmmm......

Cheers,Ears... Your wit just 'sears', I 'hears' you and it hurts my 'ears' (oops, said that already).... think I'll go and have some 'beers' as I 'nears' the end of this message....

hmmmm.... doesn't seem to flow quite as well as yours...

Anyway.... ch-....

SEE YA! :p

There have been so many posts since I last posted that I don't know where to begin. I alos posted this by itself by the way.

Anyway, A good dive boat out of Long Beach is the Encore--I am not sure about anything out of Hawaii.

Diving in Canada sounds cool-literally. Do you go to the Great Lakes a lot too? Seems like there would be a good many wrecks to dive there (I neer looked into it personally).

Speaking of wrecks, this weekend, I dive the Kitsataugi Maru(I am 99% sure I spelled that incoreectly). I am also diving a place called blue hole (seems like every island has one) and Haps reef. I'll let everyone knows how it goes.

Sorry if I missed anyone--I think I answered all the questions I saw. Take care and dive safely.

WooHoo!!!!
Finally, another import to Guam on the board! I've had computer problems (imagine that...on Guam??? Never!) so I missed a few weeks on the board. Welcome!

How was Haps reef? Seems like its been like glass out the the last few weeks. I pass it everyday when I go to work, but haven't been there in a few months. Look out for the trigger fish there. Apparently one has (or had) a nest and was VERY territorial.

Are you Navy or Airforce? Just curious. Anyway, get in touch if you need a dive buddy sometime!<hopepren@yahoo.com>

Although I wish I went there this weekend. I went out to Blue Hole and man alive was there a current! Once I got into Blue Hole, there was no current, but outside it was tourists clinging to rocks the mooring line...anything! Then we went to Barricuda rock--same current. I wasn't sure why the boat didn't go in the harbor. I also went to the Kitsugawa Maru (I know I miss spelled that) on Sunday. That was nice! The first time I was ever there. My husband and I took turns posing behind the bow gun (we had a camera).

To answer your question, my husband is Navy. How about youself? Where do you dive? For the most part we go to Gabgab I and II since they are easy shore dives. Right now we haven't planned anything past next weekend (a wall dive near Two Lovers Point). Do associate with any of the local dive shops and their clubs? Right now we belong to GTDS, but we recently tried out MDA and like them too.

Take care and dive safely. Caron

Hi Caron,

Actually, I work at MDA in the wholesale department, so next time you are in the shop, come upstairs and say hi!

Where are you diving at Two Lover's Point? Didn't know there were shore dives to do up there..except maybe Apunta (?) beach, and I KNOW that is a tough walk down! Let me know where you went and how it was..I'm always looking for new places to go. After all, it is a small island when you don't have a boat, ain't it?

Are you into night diving? I'll tell you one of the best places to go is Piti Channel. Absolutely NOTHING there in the daytime (sand, a few rocks and lots of sea cucumbers) but at night it is great! Its a little nursery for all kinds of baby creatures..octopus, baby scorpion fish, anemome crabs, spanish dancers (if you go through the tunnels under the road) baby eels, squid..I've even heard baby hammerheads have been seen there before, but that may just be a story. If you are into photography, it is great! And, since max depth is only about 25ft at high tide you can stay down forever. Let me know if you want to go sometime.

Oh, I live in Agat, and am not military (came here of my own free will..can you believe it??) My boyfriend is a dive instructor and came out here because, well, Micronesia is diving paradise, right?

I'm originally from Maryland. Thats where you are going to, right?

Anyway, let me know if you guys want to go diving sometime!

Hello Caron, welcome to the diving realm!

So do tell, who certified you in San Diego (I'm a San Diego Instuctor as well!)

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Back
Top Bottom