Hello from GTMO Cuba!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JazzyDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Everyone!

Obviously I'm new, just saying hey. I live in GTMO, I'm sure theres other gtmo guys on here, give me a shout if there are. I'm a newish diver, got certified this past february and Ive logged about 70 dives already. I'm here to hang out and learn more about everything. I also work at the local dive shop so any technical information is always interesting to me. See you all around!

Hola JazzyDiver ... :wink:

Welcome to SB !!!

GTMO Cuba ? Are you Cuban or US citizen at the base ?

Did lots of diving in Cuba in the last 3 years:

- Cayo Largo ( my fave )
- Cayo Coco
- Varadero
- Santa Lucia ( Awesome shark dives )
- Holguin ( Villa Covarrubia )

As a matter of fact, I will be in Cayo Coco in 2 weeks ... Can't wait to go back diving with my friend over there.

Hey Shark Tamer

I am actually Canadian, from Winnipeg MB. Glad to see another Canadian! I'm married to an american and we live here on base.

Cool you get to dive in cuban waters. So far I only know the waters the US owns, which look awesome to me but Ive been told they are some of the best in the carribean. Have fun in Cay Coco!

Hey JazzyDiver..... I spent a short stay there back in '02 while working on a Federal Task Force. (Check out my Avatar) I was only able to get a few dives in but they were and still are my most memorable. We dove I think it was called Cable Beach and also the actual place set up for diving with the platform and showers. I'd go back there in a heartbeat to dive them again. :D

Have fun, stay safe

action-smiley-069.gif
Howdy and Welcome to SB...!

I just saw another Intro from there here.
thimage00222CustomCustom.jpg

Click Forums on the bar above, look at all the various forums, and try some - especially your local forum. Check in often...!

don
grinning-smiley-039.gif

smiley-linie-001.gif

Hey Bill
Thats awesome that you were able to squeeze some dives in here. They are the best. And yes it is called cable beach, the other place your thinking of is Phillips Dive Pier. Thanks for the reply!

Hey JazzyDiver..... I spent a short stay there back in '02 while working on a Federal Task Force. (Check out my Avatar) I was only able to get a few dives in but they were and still are my most memorable. We dove I think it was called Cable Beach and also the actual place set up for diving with the platform and showers. I'd go back there in a heartbeat to dive them again. :D

Have fun, stay safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom