Hello from freezing Ontario, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobbisox

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I certified way back in 1988 with my sister in Cartegena, Colombia. Unfortunately, I have not been an active diver, I did dive last year in Samana Dominican Republic. I retire in May and want to celebrate by getting my advanced open water certificate. I am thinking of going to Runaway Bay Jamaica. Tripadvisor recommends the dive shop there. So I've decided to get back in the water and get back to the tranquility of scuba.

Welcome and enjoy your retirement.

Welcome Bobbisox! I recommend diving somewhere warmer than Ontario to enjoy your retirement, and Jamaica is certainly warmer than our -20 degrees.

I too am from freezing Ontario .........brrrrrrrrrr

I certified way back in 1988 with my sister in Cartegena, Colombia. Unfortunately, I have not been an active diver, I did dive last year in Samana Dominican Republic. I retire in May and want to celebrate by getting my advanced open water certificate. I am thinking of going to Runaway Bay Jamaica. Tripadvisor recommends the dive shop there. So I've decided to get back in the water and get back to the tranquility of scuba.

Welcome to SB! It is a great place and I am sure you will make some great friends.

---------- Post added January 20th, 2014 at 09:10 PM ----------

Welcome Bobbisox! I recommend diving somewhere warmer than Ontario to enjoy your retirement, and Jamaica is certainly warmer than our -20 degrees.

I too am from freezing Ontario .........brrrrrrrrrr

What are you talking about? Ontario has some of the greatest diving in the world. The best thing is that you do not even need the boats to dive. Just wait for the lakes to freeze up and dive through the ice! This winter, instead of my usual trip to Florida, I am actually coming to Ontario to do some ice diving. It is great to not worry about boat charters and all that crap. Buy a chain saw and some lines and wait for things to freeze so that the dive season could begin :D

Welcome to SB! It is a great place and I am sure you will make some great friends.

---------- Post added January 20th, 2014 at 09:10 PM ----------

What are you talking about? Ontario has some of the greatest diving in the world. The best thing is that you do not even need the boats to dive. Just wait for the lakes to freeze up and dive through the ice! This winter, instead of my usual trip to Florida, I am actually coming to Ontario to do some ice diving. It is great to not worry about boat charters and all that crap. Buy a chain saw and some lines and wait for things to freeze so that the dive season could begin :D

Lol.....I used to think like that, right up until I cut my leg off with a chainsaw, carving a hole in the frozen ice to find a bottle of beer I dropped down there in the summer! :p

Lol.....I used to think like that, right up until I cut my leg off with a chainsaw, carving a hole in the frozen ice to find a bottle of beer I dropped down there in the summer! :p
Did you find the beer??

howdy and welcome............i love the sound of "the tranquility of scuba".

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom