Hello from Connecticut!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gmac356

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

first let me introduce myself, as I am new to the forum and this is my first post. My name is Gary, I am from the Stratford CT area. I have been diving for about 5 years and my life lately has been pretty much revolving around it! I've done quite a bit of diving in key west (some treasure hunting on the Atocha) sorry have to throw that in sometimes! I love the Vandenburg it's my favorite dive to date.

i have been a public safety diver for about a year. During that time I've taken some classes with an awesome instructor who opened the door to DIR and GUE, which has caused my new passion with diving. So now I am putting together a new DIR doubles rig and plan to have everything ready by March/April. Maybe sooner if I find a good buddy/team.

my goal is to become a tech and cave diver.

Thats about it, I am currently on the hunt for a buddy and or team that's willing to take me on!

Hi Gary! Welcome to Scubaboard!

Although I live & dive here in Southern California, my local diveshop sends all my drysuit major repairs/alterations out there to Essex Connecticut at Diver's Cove Repair & Scuba Shop --they were the "authorized" dealer and repair source on the East Coast for the now defunct Diving Concepts Drysuit Company, of which I have an old but still serviceable Ultraflex model.

Although it takes over a month's turnaround time to get the drysuit back here to Los Angeles, Diver's Cove out there does a great job and I recommend them for all your drysuit needs & support (although it looks like they're a ways up the coast from you in Stratford CT). . .

Divers Cove | Full Service Scuba Equipment & Repair Shop

Last edited:
howdy and welcome.... .thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of ScubaBoard. Hmmm, this is my 20,000th post here... fitting that it should be to welcome a new member!

Welcome!

Don't overlook local diving...

Thanks! I do a lot of local diving, mostly lakes, a quarry, Newport RI, and off the coast of Bridgeport.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom