Hello from Colorado, soon to be Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When i first moved here I was in Clearwater, now I'm in Orlando. I miss the beach but still not a bad drive to Jupiter for diving. But hey New Belgium beers are all over this state now so im good where ever i live.

I will miss all of the breweries around here. But really looking forward to all of the diving! Thanks for reaching out. When we get out there we should go grab a beer!!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

We moved to FL a year ago from AZ and love it! We live in Hobe Sound and dive out of Jupiter. Fun diving with a good selection of reefs. We see BIG critters....Goliath groupers, sharks, big loggerhead and greens, huge green eels, many lobsters, and lots of beautiful tropic fish. We chose Martin County because the taxes are less than in Palm Beach County and it's a slower pace of life. Coming from Colorado you'll have to get used to our hot and humid summers, but heck, the ocean is close by, so no problem!

Glad to hear it is working out for you! I am bracing for the summers but used to live in San Antonio and DC... I think??? I know what hot is but we will find out. Just another excuse to be underwater more. Looking forward to it!

If you live anywhere close to the ocean, the heat and humidity are tolerable. Very much like the Bahamas since we have nice wind patterns. I think DC is much worse in the summer than Florida. Philadelphia and a lot of similar cities in the north that don't get much in the way of breezes are pretty nasty in the summer in my opinion. When in lived in Philadelphia I hated the summers. You'll get used to the FL humidity: I grew up in Calif and am now very comfortable in south Fl. Just make sure you have plenty of cargo shorts and breathable shirts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom