Hello form Pembroke Pines, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWilly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to let everyone know how fun it is to browse these boards. There is some great information here. I first got introduced to Scuba Diving when I got married 8 years ago were I took a resort course. This was a great experience and I always wanted to get certified. Living in NJ for 7 years after that made it less realistic I guess because of the cold water and the short season. I have been living in FL for one year and absolutely love the water here, long season always warm, can't beat it. So I told my father who is 69 that I will take him to get certified. He has always loved the water but never took any Scuba courses. So I took him and he absolutely loved it. I only get to see my Father once a year for a month since he is now retired and living in the south of Chile. I got certified in July and went beach diving one more time after that in Dania Beach, near Ft. Lauderdale. I hope I can do it as often as possible and I'm hopping to find a club or buddies in the area to dive with. I have just purchased my own equipment and looking forward to my next dive. I'm also thinking of taking the advanced class to get more exposure and Nitrox, but I have to wait a little since my wife and I are expecting our second child in a week or two.

Anyway good to be here and God bless,

Walter

Hi Walter and welcome to ScubaBoard, lucky you living in warm water dive country.
Great to hear you are able do dive with dear old dad, and good luck with the soon to be newborn.
David

whmehlig:
I'm also thinking of taking the advanced class to get more exposure and Nitrox, but I have to wait a little since my wife and I are expecting our second child in a week or two.

Anyway good to be here and God bless,

Walter

Hi Walter,

Take the advanced course as it is pretty straight forward. All open water dives with no written tests. Key Largo is a great place to do it. I came all the way from Canada to do my advanced course there. Great night dive and deep dive with one of the awesome wrecks would be part of the course down in Key Largo.

There's some good wreck diving off of NJ, but Florida is a nicer dive location. Make the most of it... :thumb:

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the neighborhood! You are "just down the street" from me, as I live in Hollywood. There is a good sized bunch of us who beach dive here pretty regularly, and you are welcome to join the fun!
Check out the Florida Conch Divers Forum for the "local" stuff. The Trips N Happenings section for trips. Any trip posted is an invitation to join the fun!

Man.....

Talk about feeling welcome !!!
I would like to thank everyone for all you responses and positive coments, this is defenitely the best forum that I have ever been in.

And Scuba_Jenny, I'll definately take you up on your offer. I was actually looking around in there yesterday and saw that you guys dive all the time and are always open to new participants.

Well thanks to all for the warm welcome !!!

Welcome to SB Walter!

Back
Top Bottom