Hello Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How is everyone doing? I thought I would drop in to the "old" forum and see how you are doing.

Wanted to say "Hey" to Greg, Ron, and Jay.....Hey guys I'm alive!:banana:

We relocated from Brighton to "Dive Heaven", Ventura, SoCal. Since I have been here, I have been diving, diving, and diving! Did I say I have been diving?:D I try to go every weekend, and sometimes during the week. 2 weeks ago, a friend from Co. came over, and we did a couple dives. So, there is an open invite to anyone that wants to do some beach diving (or boat). Just PM me and we will get together. I have been known to ditch work during the week to dive, every once in a while, so weekends or weekdays are fine. I am open for dives from San Luis Obispo to San Diego.

The vis is between 20' to 35'+ this time of the year, right off the beach. There is some great spots to see, with lots of reef, kelp to explore, and did I mention the critters? They are everywhere.

See you out here,

Rick

Rickster:
How is everyone doing? I thought I would drop in to the "old" forum and see how you are doing.

Wanted to say "Hey" to Greg, Ron, and Jay.....Hey guys I'm alive!:banana:

We relocated from Brighton to "Dive Heaven", Ventura, SoCal. Since I have been here, I have been diving, diving, and diving! Did I say I have been diving?:D I try to go every weekend, and sometimes during the week. 2 weeks ago, a friend from Co. came over, and we did a couple dives. So, there is an open invite to anyone that wants to do some beach diving (or boat). Just PM me and we will get together. I have been known to ditch work during the week to dive, every once in a while, so weekends or weekdays are fine. I am open for dives from San Luis Obispo to San Diego.

The vis is between 20' to 35'+ this time of the year, right off the beach. There is some great spots to see, with lots of reef, kelp to explore, and did I mention the critters? They are everywhere.

See you out here,

Rick

I was happy to see you posting the other day. I'm going to take you up on that invitation! :D So the vis is best in the colder months?

I have relatives in Northern, and Southern CA. Not sure when I will get out there again, but with SouthWest Airlines running deals out of Denver, and a builtin dive buddy, maybe sooner than I have planned :wink:

Must be awesome to be able to dive at will. Glad to hear you are doing well. Say HI to Arnold for me :11doh:

So there ya go Ron!! I'm hearing the Channels callin' your name!! Colder months have better viz, yes. Keep me posted! I have places to stay out there as well.

Hey Ron and Hilary,

You pick the date or dates, Ron, and you will have a personal guide. I have found some really good site to dive. Yes, the vis is better in the winter months. When I first came out here, I went over to Catalina. The vis was about 30'-35'. When I got out, I was saying how good the vis was. Well, they told me it was bad. I then had to tell them I was used to Colorado vis. I still don't mind 10' vis, most divers here don't like it:D

Hilary, I have went off of the Peace and the Spectre out of Ventura. I like the Peace better. I have been doing alot more beach diving.

I am going down to Laguna this sunday to dive at Cleo St. There is a barge out about 150' to 200' off shore at 55' deep. It should be an exciting time.

Well, talk to you later,

Rick

Rickster:
Hey Ron and Hilary,

You pick the date or dates, Ron, and you will have a personal guide. I have found some really good site to dive. Yes, the vis is better in the winter months. When I first came out here, I went over to Catalina. The vis was about 30'-35'. When I got out, I was saying how good the vis was. Well, they told me it was bad. I then had to tell them I was used to Colorado vis. I still don't mind 10' vis, most divers here don't like it:D

Hilary, I have went off of the Peace and the Spectre out of Ventura. I like the Peace better. I have been doing alot more beach diving.

I am going down to Laguna this sunday to dive at Cleo St. There is a barge out about 150' to 200' off shore at 55' deep. It should be an exciting time.

Well, talk to you later,

Rick

I'm Jelous!! Diving weekly must be nice.

I think I can put something together. Maybe we can time it with the event that Hillary posted about in March.

I'll have to talk to the wife. Hopefully she will be in favor of a quck dive trip to CA :D

Rick, keep in touch, and I'm glad you are enjoying your new location! Looks like you made DM as well, Congradulations!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom