Hello all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! So beautiful and so sexy. I can see that this only gets more addictive the more you have. I know what i'm buying myself for Christmas, Hmm yep a nice DA. Now to convince the wife that I need it too. LOL. :)

Welcome to the club! Here is some appetizers for you. If you have any questions in particular feel free to ask.

Weights: Drager Germany
weightbeltfrontside.jpg

La Spirotechnique: Rechromed and rebuilt by Vintage Double Hose dot com
IMG_1633.jpg

Voits:
0817091406.jpg

And everyone's favorite Real deal Non Magnetic tanks and regulator::D
IMG_1661.jpg

Once again thanks for all the help. I hope to locate a vintage diver to meet with one day. It would be great to see a vintage setup in person and rasie a glass to a great hobby with great people.

If you are ever up my way, drop me a PM. I am always happy to put a diver in vintage gear and take them for a spin around the quarry.

Ditto on Hermans invite. I am just up the road in Chattanooga. There are a couple of good quarries here; I would be glad to let you take a test dive in a vintage rig.

Awesome info everyone. I went to my local dive shop and talked to a few people. Most were why would you wanna do that. LOL. I'm gonna order "Basic Scuba", read the forums, and start saving for a vintage reg.

Thanks again everyone, you guys are great.

But how can they sell you a 600 dollar regulator if you learn how to repair one yourself? Keep in mind that very few LDS have your best interests at heart. They love your wallet though. If you get down south toward Jacksonville area I have 3 doublehoses and about 15 vintage single hose regs that are all dive worthy as well as tank packs, navy harnesses, doubles, and more. You can gladly go with us to the springs or offshore if you want to learn. I wouldn't expect much other than snide comments from most people though. Some big, fat cave instructor told me that my gear would kill me the other day. Maybe I should have told him his eating habits will kill him, but whatever.:idk:

WOW. you guys are the greatest. I would love to meet and dive with everyone. I will try my hardest to make it up and down to see you all. One question, is there a GA Vintage club? If so then when and where does it meet?

Last night I went on the hunt for "Basic Scuba" and I found many different years. I was reading that 1968 and earlier are the best to get. I also went and checked out VHD's awesome DA deal. That sounds like an awesome plan to me. Now that I know where to get a reg and gear, I can relax and enjoy researching vintage gear.

WOW. you guys are the greatest. I would love to meet and dive with everyone. I will try my hardest to make it up and down to see you all. One question, is there a GA Vintage club? If so then when and where does it meet?

Last night I went on the hunt for "Basic Scuba" and I found many different years. I was reading that 1968 and earlier are the best to get. I also went and checked out VHD's awesome DA deal. That sounds like an awesome plan to me. Now that I know where to get a reg and gear, I can relax and enjoy researching vintage gear.

There's under 200 of us nation-wide, so we primarily just link up with other club members whenever we can and dive. I have been to Maine, Ohio, The Bahamas, and all over Florida and Georgia diving with the NAVED. My girlfiriend, my friend Capn Tucker (another guy on VDH and on here), and I live right by each other so we dive together often. You are always welcome with us any time we go. There's plenty of gear to go around as well. Herman, Luis H, Gilldiver, InfidelXX, Nemrod, Captain, and others from the NAVED are on here as well. Bear in mind that this forum is really just a pickup point for the vintage sites. There are also many friendly divers on VSS as well, I just do not personally know many of them. The NAVED is a great deal because it, along with other groups, helps keep our diving history alive without trying to fleece you for money. I have had the chance to meet and learn from some real legends in diving because of the NAVED, VDH, and Portage Quarry.

Where you at in GA?

I'm just north of Atlanta.

Thanks again for the sites Slonda I look forward to diving with you all in the future. If I'm ever free I'll shoot you a pm and try to make it down that way.

If you happen to be up around West Virginia come warm weather again, don't forget to drop me a line. I'm always looking for an excuse to blow lots of bubbles. One of my favorite local spots is Summersville Lake and there are a couple of quarries within driving distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom