Hello All!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Auralyte

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just signed on to the board and am loving it! I'm a new cert - NAUI, certified in the Puget Sound in Washington State, a 52 year old married woman whose husband will be certified in a few months. I work as a conference on-site coordinator for a group that puts on seminars for anesthesiologists and I travel to the places they are held. I started scuba because I wanted to do more than snorkel in Bonaire where I'm leading a conference in early October. I REALLY love this sport and hope to get a cave diving badge because the better half and I LOVE to go to the Yucatan and snorkel the cenotes. Diving them seems the logical next step!
I wanted to say hi and introduce myself and I sure hope to meet a bunch of you online soon!
Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
welcome to SB and diving.
Vancouver, BC is great location to dive, I dove there many years, but diving in Caribbean water is not bad either, and it doesn't rain here that much.
Have a great time in Bonaire !!!

Welcome to the board and to diving.

All the Canadian Divers -
We ARE having a seminar in the Victoria/Vancouver area next year! I'm not sure if there'll be sanctioned diving, but I"m sure going to recommend the GREAT diving I've heard about up your way to the attendees! My dive master and instructor have a passle of stories about diving between WA and BC! Those 7 mil wetsuits are SO flattering adn ocmfortable, but our water up here is CERTAINLY cold!
Hope to meet more WA and BC divers in the next few years hereabouts. Thanks, all, for the howdy and welcome!

Welcome to the board. Get Cavern certified, it should sufice for the Cenotes. In order to be a safe cave diver you really need to cave dive more than once or twice a year. I know, when I lived in Florida,I went at least once a month, usually more. I retired from that side of diving when I moved to the Pacific North West. You can't stay proficient in the sport. Also to do it right it cost big bucks...Big bucks.

Yes, our caves are few and far between here in the PNW - but BOY! do we have sea life! Certified at Langley and Keystone and we were all amazed how much beauty and wonder there is in our native waters!
Thanks for the heads up!
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom