Hello from Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bce

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Honolulu and have been swimming and snorkeling for as long as I can remember, but only recently got dive certified (PADI Open Water). I'm interested in doing lots of shore dives and in finding a cheap way to get some boat dives in. I love wildlife of all kinds and diving has really opened up a new world to observe.

I'm also getting my kit together, which has been fun to learn about! A friend strongly encouraged my to try a backplate and wing style BC so I went with that.

Welcome to SB. Sounds like you'll turn into a good resource for people heading to Oahu. I'll be there in the fall, but only for a week. Not sure I'll try to get any dives in as it will be more of a family trip.

Also, I am on the lookout for gear for my wife! We did our certification together and it's great to have a go-to dive buddy :) She seems happy to rent most of her stuff for now, but she is small and tends to freeze even in warm sunny Hawaii. Even I get cold in the 3mm rental suits, and she has to wear two.

Wonderful, I hope you enjoy it! Have you been there before? If you do end up having time to dive please feel free to message me and maybe I can help set something up.

Welcome to SB. Sounds like you'll turn into a good resource for people heading to Oahu. I'll be there in the fall, but only for a week. Not sure I'll try to get any dives in as it will be more of a family trip.

Have you been there before? If you do end up having time to dive please feel free to message me and maybe I can help set something up.
Went in the spring of 2019. Spent a week on Kauai and had some decent diving. Was going to dive at least a day on Oahu the next week but the op cancelled the dives (that's another story.) Went to the Big Island that fall and dove off the Kohala coast - good stuff! I'll be looking closer at what our plans are as the trip this year gets closer. I might be able to sneak out one morning!!

@bce Welcome to SB from a fellow Oahu diver! I hope you enjoy your new backplate & wing - you'll find lots of love on ScubaBoard for BP & Ws... I'm glad your profile pic is a blue Pikmin!

@jonhall There are some great Oahu shore dives from beaches that are family & kid friendly. If you feel like taking the family to a nice beach, and leaving them on the sand while you sneak in a shore dive with @bce and I, I'm sure we can arrange something for the fall!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom