Hello All! Any Oldies Out There?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a Discover dive on my 50th birthday, energizing something I'd been interested in since growing up on the coast in Florida, but economics were in the way back then. I got hooked, now have a handful of Padi cards and loving it! Like the OP, just wish I'd started a little sooner, but there is lots of diving yet to do!

I did a Discover dive on my 50th birthday, energizing something I'd been interested in since growing up on the coast in Florida, but economics were in the way back then. I got hooked, now have a handful of Padi cards and loving it! Like the OP, just wish I'd started a little sooner, but there is lots of diving yet to do!

Yup. It ain't over till it's over. :D

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

Thank you for the greetings. Re: having started sooner, I don't know. It's lovely discovering something wonderful now, don't you think? Still time for a whole new life :)

My wife was 60 when she was certified, you can do it !

Got certified at 51. I'm now a technical diver with a Full Cave certification. I'm also 5'4", 120 lbs, and have never been anybody's idea of an athlete. Go for it!

WOW! I guess I'm in a big group my age! And I'm actually getting certified (HOPEHOPE) at the end of the month in Monterey! I do my pool dives Thursday, and can hardly wait to get into salt water... Medical clearance, check. Prescription mask, check. Regulator with computer/compass attached, check. Fins, booties, gloves, check! Guess I really AM ready to go! Just gotta rent exposure suit, BC and tank.

And I'll still be 55 for another several months... :snorkel:

Thanks for all the input and support, folks. I'll keep you posted!

LSF
:coffee:

yep im another of those so called oldies 53 this may and just getting my certification. so as i tell the better half i do all this stuff cause i aint dead yet .

Dear Spring Chicken... you are a youngster. Welcome to an activity you can do well into your golden years (when you get there). I'm 65 and know divers still doing it in their late 70s and even late 80s! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom