Helium Analyzer Oxycheq He Expedition Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,
I have one of the Oxycheq He Analyzers and need a battery pack for it. A new battery pack from the manufacturer costs about $70. In my opinion, this is a little bit on the high end, especially since I like non-rechargeable batteries much better for this purpose.

Does anybody know which batteries or better voltage the unit needs? The manufacturer was surprisingly unknown when I asked this question.

Thanks for any input!

Back then the only rechargable batteries were NiCads. Sold my OxyChek He Analysers about 5 years ago when I switched over to a single Divesoft and started filling only for myself. Can't remember if they used 2 or 3 AAA sized cells. You shoild be able to make a pack using AAA sized NIMH cells. If you decide to recalibrate the Analyser remember the 2 micro pots inside adjust span and offset and adjusting one pot affects the settings of the other pot too. Easy enough to do and get +- 0% in air and +-100% in pure helium.

Michael

Back then the only rechargable batteries were NiCads. Sold my OxyChek He Analysers about 5 years ago when I switched over to a single Divesoft and started filling only for myself. Can't remember if they used 2 or 3 AAA sized cells. You shoild be able to make a pack using AAA sized NIMH cells. If you decide to recalibrate the Analyser remember the 2 micro pots inside adjust span and offset and adjusting one pot affects the settings of the other pot too. Easy enough to do and get +- 0% in air and +-100% in pure helium.

Michael

Thanks for your information! I was wondering if I can do the re-calibration myself or if that needs to be done somewhere. Would you mind providing more info on the calibration protocol and which micro pot (I assume those are the two blue boxes with the screws on top?) does what?
From the pictures and the brief conversation with the manufacturer, it seems that those are three AA batteries. I now ordered a battery holder so that I can switch between rechargeable batteries and disposable if need be.

On the long run, I would also consider the Divesoft unit, I just got a super cheap deal on the Helium analyzer (with free return option) in the internet and thought I'll give it a shot, especially since I really like their Oxygen Analyzer.

Hi Tobi,

I don't think that opening up the box often is a good idea, the wireing is delicate and will probably be damaged by opening it up too often. Can't remember which pot did what, but adjusting it was pretty easy. Since I live in Lake City FL, and have "five nines" Helium and Argon + 2.5 O2(99.5%) if you want you can bring the analyser over and we can calibrate it together. Soft drinks only untill the calibration is perfect, then we can have a beer. My phone number is 386-965-1896.

BTW Oxychek is not the manufactrer, they have relabeled the C-Squared Inc product.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom