Helios 4.5 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your hands are too large to fit through the handle with it fully open the largest it can be, then your hands are large indeed. There isn't much recourse I don't think. Depending on head, you might be able to get a "custom" goodman made by someone or another brand's and attach it to the lamp hood I suppose.

Contact Halcyon,

They may already have larger handles for the light head.

Well, there is no width adjustment. I don't know if you can see it in this picture:

http://www.extreme-exposure.com/lights/heliosmatrix.shtml

but its just one piece of metal accross with a c-shaped piece thats non-adjusting in the width direction (you can adjust it up and down though). It seems rather narrow for most man's hands i would think - the other guy i went to pick it up with today had the same problem as well. With gloves on, he wouldnt be able to put it on either.

I will contact them on monday though. Just seems strange it is so narrow.

steve

Ahh, you were talking about out of space in term of span of the palm, I thought you were talking about the depth of the palm.

AFAIK, the Halcyon goodman handles are all 3.75 inches in span.

Halcyon does have the ability to offer larger goodman's. they will take care of it. The place that you got it through should be able to accomadate you no problem. best, bob

Back
Top Bottom