Heating Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeddyDiver:
Same problem. I'm going try in a sauna, just wondering about the right temperature:confused: Any ideas?
Waiting for the sun to heat my pads will liquidize the ice caps:14:

I was not going to take them stinky second hand rubbers to contaminate my new sauna. Could work though, just don't drop them onto the stones :D

I left mine onto the porch in direct sunlight for couple of hours, they did not actually require so much to start allowing the stuffing. I only heated the area I was working on, and did it in stages, keeping them in the heat. If I recall right it could not have been more than 25C that day. (I am sure you measure in C, like all reasonable sauna-going people do :wink:) In direct blaze, I don't know where the temp rose.

TeddyDiver:
Same problem. I'm going try in a sauna, just wondering about the right temperature:confused: Any ideas?
Waiting for the sun to heat my pads will liquidize the ice caps:14:

How about trying a heat lamp?

A cold Goldencap cider and a hot sauna....:crafty:

evad:
They don't exist. XL is too small and XXL is way too big. I guess I could add a pair of tennis shoes.

That's why they have Turtle Fins. I had the same problem with Jets.

radinator:
That's why they have Turtle Fins. I had the same problem with Jets.

LP was out of them.

now ... does anyone know a way to shrink XXL jets? I am much too big for the XL, and just a bit too small for the XXL ... :D

btw - Turtles are not quite like Jets ... no where near the "snap" imho. they are close however - SP just needs to fix the sizing issue - when you can wear size 14 Jungle boots in your fin, they are too big even for most drysuit divers :D

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
now ... does anyone know a way to shrink XXL jets?

I'd try glueing some inner tube on the inside of the foot pockets.

How about trying slightly bigger boots? Boots have to fit but some boots have a bigger signature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom