Heating Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
to enlarge the foot pocket. Anyone tried this?

Why not just get the right size?

reefraff:
Won't work - the rubber they're made from has been vulcanized.

Thank you for saving me 65 bucks. Beer's in the mail.

wunat:
Why not just get the right size?

They don't exist. XL is too small and XXL is way too big. I guess I could add a pair of tennis shoes.

evad:
to enlarge the foot pocket. Anyone tried this?

Yes, left in burling sun till nice and soft. Stuck heavy duty glass jars in whence nice and pliable, jammed jars deeper as they agreed to go in. Left overnight or so to cool off with jars in. My need for enlargement was not huge and mainly height-related but I did get lasting results.

piikki:
Yes, left in burling sun till nice and soft. Stuck heavy duty glass jars in whence nice and pliable, jammed jars deeper as they agreed to go in. Left overnight or so to cool off with jars in. My need for enlargement was not huge and mainly height-related but I did get lasting results.

So it worked? To this day? XL Jets fit me width wise, but press the heck out of the top of my foot. I guess I have a high arch. That's the only reason I don't own Jets, for the reason the OP posted, XL too small, XXL too big.

frankc420:
So it worked? To this day? XL Jets fit me width wise, but press the heck out of the top of my foot. I guess I have a high arch. That's the only reason I don't own Jets, for the reason the OP posted, XL too small, XXL too big.

Yes, my problem was with the arch too. If I put my (L) jets next to my buddy's same size jets, it's obvious they have been tampered with. The foot pockets stand out (open, on their own) boxier from where I stretched them. I doubt width was affected too much.

I could not fit my Rockboots into them prior to the treatment, now I can. So it must have worked :D

Very interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom