Heated Vests - anyone tried the Wireless Thermalution - Yellow Grade Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought it at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters in Nanaimo. Awesome dive shop! They pretty much carry everything I could want in technical gear.

As for the remote, this was not a fault in my mind, but rather the fact that wireless can't work all that well underwater. On my wrist was just too far away from the receiver. Moving it to the belt was all it took. It' now 100% reliable for me on my dives.

I haven't posted the UTD yet - not until I'm sure the replacement cord doesn't leak on the canister.

Well mine is on my wrist and is 100% accurate at least for me up to 90fsw so far. I was told the earlier versions were not as accurate and they got replaced. Just saying it's nice to have in an easy location to adjust worry little effort. Might wanna have the dive shop check with the vendor. Worth a quick phone call!

Hello

Has anyone try Thermalution solution with EANx in the drysuit ?

Anyone over 6'2 try one? I looked at the size chart and the XL says 180cm max, but I'm 188cm.. Not to mention the XL could fit two of me by the looks of it... Oh this is a question about the Red for the drysuit folks who replied.

My hubby wore my Medium size Yellow grade and he's 6' 195 lbs and it fit him OK. It was a bit snug but he was able to wear it just fine. The XL might even be a bit roomy for you but you would be fine. I use this one for my drysuit, the folks at Heated Wetsuits | Less Wetsuit... More Warmth! (Matt Patton) say the yellow grade is the better choice in their opinion. He feels the red grade (although he does sell it) is just more than you need. I LOVE my yellow grade and it's almost like I am not wearing anything extra. You cannot go wrong! Call Matt and ask him about it.

---------- Post added August 19th, 2014 at 08:45 AM ----------

Hello

Has anyone try Thermalution solution with EANx in the drysuit ?

I only use mine with simply 21% in my drysuit but you can always call Matt and ask him. Not sure if it would make that much difference. He told me it was fine if we wanted to use argon in our suits.....

My hubby wore my Medium size Yellow grade and he's 6' 195 lbs and it fit him OK. It was a bit snug but he was able to wear it just fine.

I'm the hubby... I would go Large. I really didn't like how snug it was. It is very flexible, but if I was to purchase one for me...it would be large.

Back
Top Bottom