Heated gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

207diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for recommendations on heated gloves. I “suffer” from Raynaud syndrome and typically only experience symptoms in my fingers. I live in Maine and dive primarily in New England year round. I dive dry and am able to keep my core warm but my hands still go out quickly. I’m sure my near 20 year career as a heavy truck mechanic has and will continue to take its toll on my hands but at this point there’s not much I can do about that. Heated gloves seem to be the only option for me at this point. I have been looking at the Santi system but just wondering what other options exist and people’s experiences with them. Thanks!

My wife has the Santi ones and swears by them. They're really well cut and warm even without the heating, she's commented that she wears them for preference under dry gloves even when she doesn't need heating. The gear seems good for winter UK diving, hour plus in 4-6deg C water in Scotland for example. Does up the size of the battery you need though.
Rich

Vote for Santi too. i have tried others, but these work. Only problem is that the internal wiring from fromdrysuit connector to gloves is prone to broke.
You will need external battery and drysuit connector beside the gloves,

Post in thread 'Bottoms of feet cold (drysuit, 39F / 3.9C water)'
Bottoms of feet cold (drysuit, 39F / 3.9C water)

This PDF a primer for most people but let’s assume you’re already doing. I’d ask first how snug your wrist seals are and if you are already using heat. I, too, have reynauds as well as low body fat and only break out a heated glove and sock system when it’s >2hr in 34° water. I found the Santi bulky and went with a SmartTex out of Poland. Would also give the SF Tech system a look.

One vote against Santi's from me. Altough they are nice and warm with heat running, they are, unheated WAY colder than my Enluva wool gloves that are also thinner than the Santi's, thus I'd be happier with heated liners

Post in thread 'Bottoms of feet cold (drysuit, 39F / 3.9C water)'
Bottoms of feet cold (drysuit, 39F / 3.9C water)

This PDF a primer for most people but let’s assume you’re already doing. I’d ask first how snug your wrist seals are and if you are already using heat. I, too, have reynauds as well as low body fat and only break out a heated glove and sock system when it’s >2hr in 34° water. I found the Santi bulky and went with a SmartTex out of Poland. Would also give the SF Tech system a look.
I’ll take a look at the PDF, my dives typically don’t exceed an hour. My wrist seals are silicone and while they are tight the problem has definitely gotten worse over the years diving the same seals. Thanks for the advice!

Another vote for santi. I like that its a integrated system with the bz400x or the flex 2.0 undersuits, so you can connect the wires directly through the sleeves and not have to deal with entanglement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom