Heat index of 104!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
...talking about 110 or so by later in the week.

So when does it start to really get hot down here? As it is now, I can't work out in the shop or sell a tractor in the yard without carrying a towel in one hand. Does it really get hotter than this?????

Tractor Tom:

So when does it start to really get hot down here? As it is now, I can't work out in the shop or sell a tractor in the yard without carrying a towel in one hand. Does it really get hotter than this?????

Yeah, August.

Joe

At least you guys have the ocean breezes, come up to Georgia were its 105 heat index and the only breeze is the Mosquito's.

Come to Houston, you have not seen heat yet... The humidity alone will kill you...It sucks and I am getting tired of it...

Ha! Last weekend the 'real' temperature in Little Rock hit 107!

JustJoe:
Yeah, August.

Joe
Echo that, Ghost Rider! We've been over 100 in August many a time.... Currently we're hitting 95 consistantly with a heat index of 105-110. Today we didn't even get rain at my house... thankfully! Yesterday it dropped 4" thats still standing!

Tractor Tom:

So when does it start to really get hot down here?......... Does it really get hotter than this?????
Actually, I think it's unusually hot for July. The humidity is bad and the high temps came on kinda early this year. 2005 has shown some interesting/different weather patterns. Mild winter, early spring, wet beginning to summer, and let's not even discuss the hurrica...... :11: August is the worst but I can't see it being hotter than it has already been. I'd be guessing, but I'd say we're at the peak of the heat- it can't get much worse. Unless it dries out. This time last year, my grass was crunchy! Like everyone else, I'm just wishing it would start cooling off!!! :crafty: Everyone loves non-summer Florida!

I think it has rained everyday for the last month and a half at my house. And then add the sun during the day and we have a sauna. Nice and muggy. :11:

...coming down here from Michigan has made it a little hard on me this first 'warm' season in Florida. Tho' in talking with my son, who is living on our farm on Michigan, his temps have been very close to what we are seeing down here. The difference is, he isn't 'willing' to start running the A/C at the house and foot the bill. So I guess he's feeling in more than we are.

As for the comment about the breeze, well, I guess it kind of 'peters out' before it gets to Okeechobee! Not much breeze here lately, and not much rain in the last couple days either.

I'm sure we'll suffer a little this summer, and we are already looking forward to the fall getting here and cooler evening temps. Glad the office at the tractor store is insulated and air conditioned, or I'd be heading to Canada in search of cooler temps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom