Heart attack at Dutch Springs This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had told my doc that if he nixed me from diving, he damned well better give me a note for my wife saying that I no longer could mow the yard.

I happened to be at DS during this incident. Some of the other issues-It was over 100 degrees that day-must have been 400 divers fighting for training area. There is a 10-12 degree hill you must climb to get in and out of the water. If you are not in shape-you really felt it. I was wetter from sweating in the wetsuit than from the diving.It was a mess. Clear water? :rofl3: I got plenty of practice replacing my mask and regulator that weekend.

The EMS response was excellent. I was very impressed with the way they handled business. I hope she had a full recovery.

I had told my doc that if he nixed me from diving, he damned well better give me a note for my wife saying that I no longer could mow the yard.

I have a co-worker with a heart problem and one day this summer when it was super hot he said he was going home to mow his lawn and I chewed him up one side and down the other. His wife doesn't mind mowing but "she doesn't do it right" :shakehead: Can't enjoy a "properly" mowed lawn when you're dead :no
Ber :lilbunny:

My point is that there are any number of activities that we engage in daily that are as physically stressful as diving.

For instance, I saw my doc last February. It had snowed about a foot that morning and since I was the first patient of the day at our local clinic, I decided to be helpful and shovel their sidewalk. There are only ladies working there (yes, I know that makes me a chauvinist) and many of their patients are elderly and at risk for falling so I felt the need to take care of the snow removal for them.

I went from shoveling to the BP cuff within 30 seconds and at first the nurse was all freaked out until I explained to here why my pulse rate and Bp were elevated. Given 2 minute of recovery both were back down to the normal range.

:rofl3:That might almost be worth it!:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom