Healthways Air Flo reg with adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never dove it, but I had it all hooked up to test it.

My guess is that if someone has one of these valves, they may not even know what it is or why the valve face has a larger opening.

My fears exactly. I can use it as is but would ultimately like to have the complete set. Thanks for replying though. Hopefully this will cause the "right person" to notice.

Don

The fact that the valve's only marking are "made in usa" on the back makes it even more difficult to find.

OK captain buzz kill. Just kidding. Yeah, hardly anyone would know one in a sea of valves. But I remain hopeful. What, prey tell, did you do with yours? If you don't mind my asking. I've been asking on a couple different boards, watching fleebay, even Craigslist which is where I found this reg 90 miles from my home town. I've had offers to buy it and haven't ruled that out, but I'd rather keep it as an odd curiosity, a conversation piece. That is after I try it out some...

DD

Welcome back Mike...You have been missed. Thanks for posting the advertisement for the Airflo regulator. I assumed you would have a copy and I was correct

That was one of the few pictures in the Healthways catalog that did not feature (Morgan) Clint Degn as a model. I wonder who was the model for the "Airflo?"

By 1970 Clint had out lived his modeling days. Clint and Colonel John D Craig established one if not the first UW photo store "PhotoMarine" in So Cal. Too early in the market and in a few years closed it's doors

Mbd..Do you know who the young model was ?

Mbd...at that time (1970 -1973) was Dick Kline president of Healthways? or had he passed away? Several of us here in So Cal who knew Dick are baffled as to the year when he went to the big dive manufacturing company in the sky.

Also at that time were the following people working at Heathways?
Dick Anderson?-- or has he gone with Charlie to DEEP?
Sona (or Sonja) Winset (S)--a secretary
Bill Mc Donald-- sales
The outside salesman?? knew him well can't recall his name

The individual who departed Heathways to create an emerging DEMA on a percentage of gross. Also I can't recall his name (CRS!!)but knew him and his wife Shirley. He built up DEMA and was soon making 250 K + a year -- at which time the powers of DEMA let him and Shirley who was a DEMA employee go...Then big DEMA lawsuit. Last contact they were retired to the California mountains --just can't recall his name? Can you?

The passage of so many years dims the memory as does advancing age

SDM

I have tried to response a few times but I am having some computer problems.

Bill Mc Donald was still the outside salesman.

Bob Silverstein was the President. Don Breslow had been fired.

Dick Anderson was still out and diving, living in Santa Barbara and married to Hillary Hauser.

Claude O"Haver-later @ ScubaPro was the operations manager.

Bob and Shirley Gray, with the strong backing of John Cronin, were the DEMA pair.
Bob had worked @ Healthways for a bit.Interesting times.

mdb

I have tried to response a few times but I am having some computer problems.

Bill Mc Donald was still the outside salesman.

Bob Silverstein was the President. Don Breslow had been fired.

Dick Anderson was still out and diving, living in Santa Barbara and married to Hillary Hauser.

Claude O"Haver-later @ ScubaPro was the operations manager.

Bob and Shirley Gray, with the strong backing of John Cronin, were the DEMA pair.
Bob had worked @ Healthways for a bit.Interesting times.

mdb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So correct--interesting times --"The days of our dives...."

I am in frequent contact with Bill - exchanged e mails yesterday...his wife is very sick.

I was unaware that Don Breslow had been fired...a few years later he took Bill and a few others and established "SCUBA Master." I had a two year contract as a consultant to SCUBA Master to dive and evaluate their equipment.

On occasion Hillary makes an appearance but like all is aging and has developed other interests

Claude disappeared in to thin air after a few years with SCUBA Pro- I often wondered what happened?

Bob and Shirley Gray, you indicate John backed him, yet they became mortal enemies especially when Bob wanted to create a separate DEMA type organization with a fall (October??) show. DEMA certainly has had their share of problems...

Bob had some how acquired the importation rights to Cressi? or was it Champion? and bounced around a bit.

Yes! interesting times --"The days of our dives...."

SDM

Diverdon, I found a valve. PM sent.

Thanks John,

I sent hi a message. I'll post the results. Thanks again for going out of your way!

Don

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 03:33 AM ----------

I received a reply on that lead almost immediately. The answer is no shipping.

OK, I was sent an eBay link to a current auction that appears to have a tank with the valve I need. The local pick up only auction is in Bonne Terre, pretty far for a face to face encounter for a Michigan boy.

Anyone in St Louis going to Bonne Terre to dive the mine? Who wouldn't mind helping a fellow out..?

Don

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom