Heads up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is such crap here that both companies have cancelled ferry service between Cozumel and the mainland.
That is because it’s really bad on the Playa side due to the strong winds from the east.

Port has been open for diving but very bad in the south so we’re diving sites between town and Santa Rosa the past couple
Of days.

Cold front, dryline, whatever. A big rainstorm followed by a couple of days of cold strong N to NW wind is a cold front to me. :D

But we haven’t had and are not expected to have N or NW winds - so no, we are not having a norte here

Slight possibility of a minor El Norte on Saturday morning since I plan to come down next weekend if I can get a seat on the plane. Actually looks more like a shift due to a pressure system passing by. It still a long way out, probably won't materialize but it does give me something to stress over. It's been a month I am Jonesing for a dive.
upload_2019-4-14_17-0-59.png

Cold front, dryline, whatever. A big rainstorm followed by a couple of days of cold strong N to NW wind is a cold front to me. :D
Yeah, I changed my view and posted a map right above your post.

It looks like Coz has a predicted chance of a north wind in a week, but that's too far out to take seriously.

I am so glad to have our last cold break behind us here on the Texas High Plains. Wildfire watch tomorrow. Weather happens.

If the wind is out of the southeast, I would expect the big waves to be on the south and east coasts - west coast being protected.

View attachment 514684

The south east wind was running parallel to the shoreline south of Santa Rosa. We were body surfing in 6 foot waves. I kid you not.

The waves were so fierce they popped the planks on the dock at the Iberostar.

All is calm now so after two days of northern sites I am looking forward forward to Palancar anything.

The south east wind was running parallel to the shoreline south of Santa Rosa. We were body surfing in 6 foot waves. I kid you not.

The waves were so fierce they popped the planks on the dock at the Iberostar.

All is calm now so after two days of northern sites I am looking forward forward to Palancar anything.
Ok, I see what you mean there. The red marker is where google thinks Iberostar is...

Capture.JPG

Coming in Tuesday afternoon and planned on diving Wed, Thur, Fri before coming home on Saturday. Crossing fingers that system holds off til Saturday so I can get 3 days in

Coming in Tuesday afternoon and planned on diving Wed, Thur, Fri before coming home on Saturday. Crossing fingers that system holds off til Saturday so I can get 3 days in
Current weather front maps show a small cold front currently crossing Nebraska, and that could be why WeatherUnderground shows north winds in the Texas Panhandle on Thursday and in Cozumel on Saturday, but - that far out is still just guesswork. Thursday shows a chance of hard winds from the south in Coz, but that's certainly subject to change. The two cold fronts that started this thread after blowing thru Austin have merged over the Gulf of Mexico, but seem to be loosing power.

Christi's historical records do show that port closures have happened in April, but the are rare: Historical Port Closures by month/year for Cozumel

Nothing to worry about

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom