Heads up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A cold front blew through here (Austin) this morning, and we've got NW winds of 30-40mph. This type of front usually gets to Cozumel.

A cold front blew through here (Austin) this morning, and we've got NW winds of 30-40mph. This type of front usually gets to Cozumel.
I got news for you. Windy weather is here already. Been blowing hard all day.

I think yours came from a dryline that blew across all of Texas from the northwest. Cause a big tornado north of College Station. We're expecting a hard freeze here tonight.

I got news for you. Windy weather is here already. Been blowing hard all day.
It's from the east isn't it?

I think yours came from a dryline that blew across all of Texas from the northwest. Cause a big tornado north of College Station. We're expecting a hard freeze here tonight.

It's from the east isn't it?
East and south, I'd say.

There has been no diving south of Santa Rosa. There are huge waves hitting the shores south. You could be surfing on the West side of the island if you wanted to.

The rain and wind has not affected lake temps at lake Travis, has it affected vis or currents yet?

I'm diving in Travis in the morning. Yep, the wind is fierce and cold.

upload_2019-4-13_22-41-40.png

You could be surfing on the West side of the island if you wanted to.
If the wind is out of the southeast, I would expect the big waves to be on the south and east coasts - west coast being protected.

On the other hand, I guess there were a couple of north fronts associated with that dryline and storm system...

000.jpg

Cold front, dryline, whatever. A big rainstorm followed by a couple of days of cold strong N to NW wind is a cold front to me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom