Headless body of woman found in Cultus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dale... I cant believe you taped up the no no bits.

That is hilarious!
Where did you find it?

You're spending way too much time in that lake. Fish about to go extinct, bailey bridges, 1950's boat bridges, salmon that crave human company, headless woman, GI Joe... And I'm sure the list will go on and on.

I guess I'm not going to make any pals but i'd say this is a tasteless/unnecessary post. Both the title joke and the topless stuff would seem likely to creep out some women readers. i wish i could keep my opinion to myself but i'm a stick in the mud sometimes.

Both the title joke and the topless stuff would seem likely to creep out some women readers.

Mercy! Be sure to have the smelling salts on hand in case I swoon at the idea of a man appreciating the sight a topless woman.

After all it's a forum, not parliament.

Mercy! Be sure to have the smelling salts on hand in case I swoon at the idea of a man appreciating the sight a topless woman.

After all it's a forum, not parliament.

in this diving forum, people might think the title joke is tasteless to start and also, independently, might not like the topless comment. the combination of the two topics (which you can name for yourself) in one post makes it worse. I've read enough of Dale's posts that I don't think it's so serious as all that and I certainly don't want to reprimand anyone but with posts you have ample time to exercise judgement, so criticsm of questionable comments can be expected and serve as a reminder that there is a big audience with different opinions and, in this case, sensitivities. Not so bad to have a different perspective or be considerate. if this was a comedy forum, jokes like this would be common but this is diving so maybe not all readers will appreciate. I'd prefer less humor but as i mentioned, i'm a stick in the mud.

Sometimes taking offense to things that were obviously not intended to be offensive can be a little offensive.. No?
In humour, as in diving, some people play it safe and some push the envelope once in a while. For some it works and for others it doesn't.

Last edited:
Sometimes taking offense to things that were obviously not intended to be offensive can be a little offensive.. No?
In humour, as in diving, some people play it safe and some push the envelope once in a while. For some it works and for others it doesn't.

No, that's wrong on both accounts - firstly because I've been quite polite and have been stating facts and secondly because it's not obvious that you were unaware your post would cause offense. Be as risky as you like in a comedy environment but elsewhere you should put more thought into your comments, particularly when they are so out of context to the point of the forum.

You post a lot and tell people all kinds of things about yourself and your life, so from what I've seen I can recognize that you are an enthusiastic person. That's not bad. But i also don't think it's so bad to tell you to rein yourself in a bit either, as it's common for enthusiastic people to have to do that. Because your popular on the forum, it might cause others to be less likely to make comments such as mine in order to prevent risking the friendship. I'm mostly a stranger so I can be honest and I've taken pains not to be rude.

I'm not going to post anymore in this thread because I don't want to see the title of this post every time i open up the western canada forum page. I don't like it and if I'm the only one who doesn't, then I must be completely wrong. Whoops!

later dude!
Alex

Barbies wearing Electrical tape outfits are referred to as Barbarian Barbies. (Grew up the the era of He-Man cartoons...) and if you find a little red boat, that's mine too. I lost it at cultas when I was 5!

If not posting something like this would be defined as respecting other peoples opinions, I would argue that posting this and either appreciating the humor or ignoring it all together is just as valid a form of respecting differing opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom