Heading to Crystal River next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toolbox-13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well after 2 weeks of school we get a break for 10 days and I'm off to Crystal River with Seven Seas Dive Shop in Baton Rouge, La for there Spring Fling. Were going to dive Vortex, Devils Den, Blue, Crystal River, just to name a few. I'm really excited to head back to Florida and get some more diving in. If any SB'ers are going to be in the area PM me and maybe we can hook up and blow some bubbles

Well I made it back and what a great trip we dove Vortex, Ginnie, Devils Den, Blue Grotto, Manatee Springs, and Crystal River we logged 23 dives in 5 days. Vortex Spring is a nice park and set up for training from open water through cavern. Ginnie Springs was great 4 divable springs and 50 to 100 foot vis and the caverns were breathtaking. Crystal River was also a great stop we had numerous Manatee encounters they are awsome. Devils Den was a cool dive but Blue Grotto the vis was about 3 feet too many divers on the weekend. Manatee Springs is a state park we saw lots of fish and birds but they won't let you dive when the Manatee's are in the spring. The only dive that got canceled was the City of Hawkansville Archeology preserve in the Swannee River the River was too high and 10 knot currents. We had a great time and I definatly recomend Ginnie Springs, Devils Den, and the Crystal River. I will be going back soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom