Heading to Cancun; to equip or not to equip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody

I'm going to Cancun the second week of September, I'll only stay five days, so I will be able to dive 2 days (wife is not a diver) according to this site the best reviews regarding operators are from Maya Aqua Dive, what do you guys think?

On the other hand; I usually dive with my own equipment, but its just 2 days of diving, 1 in a cenote, 1 in a wreck; I am planing to bring my own computer and gloves. Should I bring my own fins and mask too? :confused:

Maya Aqua Dive is a super dive shop! We've dived with them the last two years and have had a wonderful time. Ben (one of the owners) is terrific guy and will work with you in deciding your dives. We bring all of our own gear (not tanks or weights) but since MAD has such a great reputation, renting stuff shouldn't be a problem. If you have questions, just go to their website and send them an email. They respond very quickly. Enjoy!

Dove with MAD in April. Good outfit, rental gear looks newer (never used any of it thought). I usually bring my own because I'm more comfortable with it. At the very least, I would bring my mask, computer and regs.

Ive dove with Mayan Aqua Dive before and it really is a good op and the ones that did rent from them did seem to get good equipment. Personally I only rented a wetsuit, which did seem to be fairly new and well taken care of as well.
Personally I always bring my own gear (except weights, tank and suit) when I go abroad and plan to dive, be it for 2 days or a full week of diving, simply because Im familiar with my own gear and feel more comfortable diving in it.

If u like wrecks contact Ben Mooney and ask for the Cozumel wreck and the Puerto Morelos wreck. Big 1918's Mexican Navy boats sunken for diving purposes in 2000. Amazing dives. - J.

If u like wrecks contact Ben Mooney and ask for the Cozumel wreck and the Puerto Morelos wreck. Big 1918's Mexican Navy boats sunken for diving purposes in 2000. Amazing dives. - J.
_Thank you guys I'll do

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom