Heading to Belmar Area this Sat, Aug 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhaughey

Registered
Reaction score
Planning a trip to the Belmar area this Saturday with a few friends. High tide is about 11:35AM. Options include L street, Railroad Bridge, maybe even a beach dive if conditions are right. Maybe we will be lucky enough to bag some flounder, fluke, or bugs.

---------- Post added August 26th, 2014 at 11:57 AM ----------

Now we are considering Sandy Hook

I think you are better off in the Belmar area as opposed to Sandy Hook... I don't think you will see the variety of fish or life up on Sandy Hook - it is mostly sand (no joke intended) from what I hear - I have never dove there.

We have a dive planned for Harvey's lake next month for artifact hunting. Sandy Hook was noted as also have old bottles an such. Depending on conditions, our second dive might be in Belmar.

Come up and explore with us.

Would however - heading to Boston for the weekend - hoping to get a two tank dive up on Cape Ann - Glouster or Rockport depending on the conditions...

what are the dive sites in belmar and can you do a dive right of the beach?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom