Heading To Belize Tonight Advice Needed Where to Dive / Visit maybe even stay and eat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Currently travelling South and East Africa
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys

Currently in Merida Mexico and heading on a overnight bus to Belize City Tonight. Thinking of heading straight to Caye Caulker and diving the blue hole from there - I think this is the cheapest way to dive the Blue Hole am I correct?

I was thinking next to head to Ambergris Caye but want to know is the diving better from there? Is blue hole diving cheaper from there?
or Should I do all my diving from Caye ?

Next I was thinking on going to Placencia for some relax time but I am also ok on skipping this part unless you have any recommendations there.

I am travelling with my Girlfriend who doesnt dive but is happy to snorkel Im hoping to take her on a nurse shark and ray trip on Caye Caulker and have some beach time on Ambergris.

Any other recommendations will be great bare in mind this is a budget trip as we have been backpacking for the last couple of years

thanks

David

Not diving related but check out Raggamuffin overnight sailing from CC. Saw the boat heading south when we were heading back to San Pedro from Turneffe. Looked crowded and beat up but looks like a lot of fun for a younger crowd.

If you make it to Placencia, check out Splash Dive Center for diving and snorkeling. Plenty of cheap places to stay. Great place to hang out and chill, and you can make your way up the peninsula if you want to do some jungle stuff, like Cockscomb Basin, or just see the country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom